Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
785 Posts
someone needs to breath some life in this dead Forum.
I wouldn't call it dead, but admit that I was already a member of the Odyssey forum and I joined the Pilot forum to use as a resource when certain issues with my X aren't able to be found here. It's really due, IMO, to the fact that newer MDX's are pricey enough that they are not generally purchased by DIY'ers or owners that look beyond the dealership to meet their maintenance or repair needs. As these cars age to the point where people like me grab them then the forum activity picks up. I bought mine because a Pilot of the same vintage, miles, & condition brings the same or slightly more money on the market and I believe that is due to both the X's need for premium fuel as well as the impression most people have that luxury brands are more expensive to repair, which can be for a small number of items but are otherwise no more so than the non-luxury versions.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
IMO, to the fact that newer MDX's are pricey enough that they are not generally purchased by DIY'ers or owners that look beyond the dealership to meet their maintenance or repair needs.
Agreed. It seems logical to me as the third gen only started in 2014, meaning a lot of cars are still under warranty. The majority of people simply won't be looking any sort of DIY for a warranty car. Why would they? Just go do the dealer and fix it.

Second gen is where it's at now, this is what the majority of topics being discussed here are.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts