Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

min very familiar with forums from my lime owning my st185 Celica.

Have a 2017 Acura MDX sh-awd. First issue when we got it was the valve cover cracked and was leaking. The warranty that was issued covered it, fine. A day or so ago we started the car up to a Christmas tree of things. Photos to show the issues.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Oh c'mon you're just seeing things.

Seriously, with codes from so many unrelated systems, this could be something to do with the wiring harness.
That happened to me on a '12 Sienna with under 10K miles. Turned out someone's foot kicked the harness by front passenger footwell.

Hopefully it's not a mouse munching on the harness. That could get expensive.

On our '19 Sports Hybrid w/ 13K miles, the only issue so far has been front parking sensors stopped working.
Dealer just reset the system (removed battery) and it's been fine ever since.

Good luck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ive been told only Acura can do the code reset. Love the car. Dealership is dumb for giving a run around on what they offered. So it’s just been a hoopla of silliness.

I’m hoping Thursday I get it resolved

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
Pretty much every Acura owner had error messages that are symptoms of another issue. Most of my X-mas tree of light were power related with low 12v battery level, failing alternator, power drain from a bad module somewhere, battery going bad, corrosion around the battery, etc...

I would make sure the battery is charged up, the battery is A-OK, and test to make sure the alternator is putting out the correct amount of volts.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pretty much every Acura owner had error messages that are symptoms of another issue. Most of my X-mas tree of light were power related with low 12v battery level, failing alternator, power drain from a bad module somewhere, battery going bad, corrosion around the battery, etc...

I would make sure the battery is charged up, the battery is A-OK, and test to make sure the alternator is putting out the correct amount of volts.
Fair point there. Shop where warranty is stated the fuse holder may be having the issues. They didn’t want to deal with it tho so they sent me to Acura themselves. Which is understandable to a point but if they knew this prior then why was I given the run around.

So tomorrow I bring it in the Acura to be assessed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts