Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving home today, and coming out of my neighborhood was an Acura SUV that definitely didn't look like my 2001 MDX. It looked boxier/bulkier than my MDX and possibly a little bigger. It definitely had the Acura emblem on the front grill, and I about gave myself whiplash trying to see what it was.

Does anyone know if Acura has come out with a new SUV, or has the styling changed that much between the 2001 and the 2003?

I live in a fairly small rural type town in Virginia, so I was quite shocked to see it here, especially since there is only one other MDX that I have seen in our town of 15,000.

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
Are you sure it wasn't a CR-V or an Element with an Acura badge? I've seen some Hondas wearing Acura badges.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
DaleB said:
I hope it wasn't an SLX....definitely a little bigger and much boxier....
It sounds like Acura SLX suv, a rebadged Isuzu Trooper that Acura used to sell before MDX was available.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks!

Yep, it was defintely the SLX according to that picture. I was going to describe it as looking like an Isuzu Trooper, but I hated to compare an Acura to an Isuzu!

Thanks for the answer!

·
Registered
923 Posts
That thing dont look too bad with the Acura badge, but hell, i'd never buy one!

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
izzy,

where are you in Virginia?? :eek:

·
Registered
194 Posts
Agreed!

BLACK-BLING-MDX said:
That thing dont look too bad with the Acura badge, but hell, i'd never buy one!
It's got a classic shape.:p
Hopefully tho Acura has been on this site and maybe taken the photoshop pics 7plus made of the RLX (an imaginary SUV built on the RL's platform) and start dreaming of bringing the SLX back, but as a real Acura this time.:4:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts