Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, new to the board, I've been lurking for about a week now getting some info about the X. Wife wants one :D
Looking forward to learning more and more.. since the wait time is long anyway, I'll have plenty of time to research..
Eric

but anyway, I found this cool link about a new Acura SUV due to debut at the 02 North American Autoshow..

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/011213/lath007_1.html

·
Registered
108 Posts
Edub

Welcome. This is a great site for an MDX education.

Interesting to see the press release for the R-DX. Unfortunately, if you go to acura.com for more information as the release suggests, there's no reference to it. Of course, those of us who have discussed Acura customer service before find this completely consistent. :rolleyes:

Anyone have a link or photo of this "urban SUV"? Just a concept at the moment? A Cayenne competitor?

- ablank

·
Registered
108 Posts
LOL

BTW, did anyone else smirk at the press release's description of the RD-X's demographic:

"demanding lifestyle needs of active urbanites"?

So, what, like evading the speedbumps in the Nordstrom's parking lot? 0 to 60 to Starbucks?

- ablank

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ablank,
Looking forward to getting my X someday.. also, nice to see owners who are also modding their cars to enhance the look..

but the RD-X looks like it might be very much like the AWD type cars such as Subaru is offering..

I found some pics of it.. here ya go..

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Preliminary pictures of the Acura R-DX

Hello folks-

Here is some preliminary pictures of the RD-X. Knowing Honda....The actual production will probably look pretty close to the drawings.

Hey...look how the MD-X turned out!

Fireblade6

Attachments

·
Registered
594 Posts
big tires

them is some big ol' tires....

·
Registered
266 Posts
Yeah! Acura's got to be attempting to compete with the Cayenne. We'll see when the official specs and the MSRP comes out. Hey is that an SS RD-X in the prototype pics?? You think it has an ebony interior? Probably some metallic interior finish.

Well, I hope the first release is THUD-free, weeping mirrors free, wind-noise free, ping-free, and all the other freeeees we have been discussing on the forum.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Acura actually has a better history than most carmakers of turning concepts into reality. As an example, the CL that I'm driving now looks a whole lot like the CL-X concept it was based on.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts