• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Acura will be realeasing more information on our new entry level
sedan currently named the Acura TSX. Please give me your thoughts on what you current Acura owners and enthusiist think of it ??

:2:

Attachments

·
Registered
10,544 Posts
I say build it.

For an entry level car, I think it would be a good value if priced accordingly... I don't know about the power, since I don't know the horsepower.

·
Registered
259 Posts
It looks great. Hopefully, they will put in an engine with some degree of horsepower - re performance! :2:

2003 SS MDX - coming very very soon!

·
3,109 Posts
Its a re-badged Euro Accord.

Attachments

·
3,109 Posts
:cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
I think it looks sharp. I like the look of the new Accord. I would consider it.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Questionable...

Why sell this car? From everything I read so far, I don't think they will put a 6 cylinder in this car here in America, so why not just get the Honda Accord V6? The Accord EX V6 and the TL are already so similar, There really isn't a reason to sell this car. Now it if was going to be a rear wheel drive performace sedan like the IS300, yeah, SELL IT, but it's just going to be another FRONT WHEEL DRIVE car.... they already have 9 (Civic x 3, Accord x 2, CL, TL, RL, RS-X) FRONT wheel drive cars!!!!! HOW ABOUT a 3 series, IS300, G35 competitor????!!!!!!?!?!?!?!??!

If Honda built a rear wheel drive performance sedan or even a coupe, I would seriously think about it... Both of their current rear wheel drive cars only seat 2 and I already own one!!!! But, when I get tired of my S2000, It's definitely not going to be replaced by a FRONT wheel drive car.... So it's not going to be this new car...

DON'T SELL IT....

·
Registered
449 Posts
I would say build it if they make the TSX a sports sedan and not just another family hauler as they already make so many of those (Accord, MDX, TL, RL, Civic). Acura should try to make this an BMW beater with the TL type S engine and a nice sport suspension. I don't think anybody will ever beat the BMW in terms of sporty driving or perforamance for a sedan but they should try. Look at the Infiniti G35, that is a pretty nice sedan especially the coupe.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
It's going to be tough for them to sell this. Usually someone probably would consider either an Accord or a TL. If they have more money, TL, less, Accord. But, how will they price it so people won't just go with the TL, since the TL starts out pretty close to the high-end of the Accord.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
SELL THE DAMN THING

I want it!!! Because I CANT import the European Accord Type R here to the STATES...I want this car because I can get Japanese Type components for it...

It is actually supposedly an ACURA ANYWAY.. because of the edge design and "A" marque...why Honda Corp decides to sell this "ACURA" as a HONDA in EURO before here in the states is beyond me... CRACK BABIES!!!

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
I agree with some of the comments above. With only a 4-cylinder engine and front-wheel drive, the TSX will probably not be a true sports sedan.

Some of the information available about the TSX seems more like marketing to "pretend" it's a sports sedan, style over substance. E.g. 17" wheels, a "driver's-oriented cockpit."

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Yawn

The NSX is in need of a redo; this TSX is more or less a 4-door CL.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Re: Yawn

msu79gt82 said:
this TSX is more or less a 4-door CL.
Isn't that what a TL is? That's exactly my point... it's just not the best vehicle from a business perspective for Honda...

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Here are my thoughts on it......

I chose "needs more power" because from what I hear, it's going to be available only with a lousy 4-cylinder engine!! (I don't care what kind of power it generates)......IT'S JUST NO GOOD!! ........4-CYLINDER ENGINES ARE SIMPLY CRAP :28:

It's O.K. to shove a "pepped-up" 4-cylinder (read UNREFINED, no low-end torque etc. etc.) in the RSX and then squeeze 200bhp out of it and give it names like Type-S :rolleyes:, because it's right on the mark for it's target audience .........but the TSX......this is a whole different ballgame ........if the TSX is to truly compete with the likes of the Lexus IS300 and BMW 3-Series which I'm lead to believe is Acura's intention, then it should definitely have a 6-cylinder producing at least around 220bhp (at least as an option)

When I need to get myself a "second car" in the future, I would have snapped this car in a heartbeat if it was available with a 6-cylinder engine......It's the perfect size for someone wanting a sporty, compact, stylish, luxury sport-sedan (SMALLER alternative to the Accord V6)..........However, the crappy "wanna-be" 4-cylinder just doesn't cut it!! :28:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts