Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about trading in my 17 Tech on a new 20 SH-AWD Advance. Acura is offering a decent discount on financing ($6500) and a loyalty discount ($2000). What would be a great overall discount on a new Advance .... 9-10K? Thanks.

·
Registered
20 Posts
You can do better than this on Advanced. If you lease, there’s sometimes lease cash. So you basically lease first and then buy. I paid $45500 for ‘19 AWD Advanced as a reference point back in June of 2019.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So you leased for 1 year, then purchased, and your total cost was $45.5k? That sounds like a great deal. I had planned on buying instead of leasing. Found a dealer that will get me a 20 Advance AWD for $10.6k off MSRP. Think I can do better?

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
You can do better than this on Advanced. If you lease, there’s sometimes lease cash. So you basically lease first and then buy. I paid $45500 for ‘19 AWD Advanced as a reference point back in June of 2019.
I find that very hard to believe that you got $14k or so off. But if you say so. Especially leasing first.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Found a dealer that will get me a 20 Advance AWD for $10.6k off MSRP. Think I can do better?
Over 10K is good (in my opinion). Could you get better deal? Possible, this all depends on car milage, dealer inventory, etc. But if MDX has right combination (ext / int color, acceptable milage, good test drive experience, etc), you might negotiate with dealer to throw in some accessories.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Went back to the dealer and renegotiated down to just under $12k off. Happy with that. Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
20 Posts
So you leased for 1 year, then purchased, and your total cost was $45.5k? That sounds like a great deal. I had planned on buying instead of leasing. Found a dealer that will get me a 20 Advance AWD for $10.6k off MSRP. Think I can do better?
Acura has lease cash deals quite frequently, especially on last year’s models. I leased for 3 years, but plan to keep it due to low cost. Leasing made sense as they were running $9k off lease cash promo, not applicable on purchase. In November of 2019, we pulled a similar deal for my parents TLX w/tech. Let me know if you have any questions about any of the specifics or PM me.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I find that very hard to believe that you got $14k or so off. But if you say so. Especially leasing first.
Check out Edmonds townhall forums for lease-specific info, and you’ll be saying I overpaid lol. I used their help to estimate the right deal based on the available incentives in WA state. I pulled a similar deal on my parents TLX which they plan to buy out also. Lease cash is a powerful thing when it’s available.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Good discounts, good times. However, has anybody thought about holding off until the 2021s are available in a few months? Isn't that model supposed to be a redesign? Since the MDX supplies a humongous slice of Acura revenue, I'm assuming there would be Honda/Acura incentives from the get-go.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Probably, but with the pandemic I expect the release to be delayed. Acura hasn't even shown us official photos, specs, or pricing so I don't expect it to be out by fall. I also expect 2020 to be the most reliable of 3rd generation MDX, more so than the 2021s given that the first models off the line on a new platform (and a new powertrain) will likely have growing pains/quality concerns like the first batch of new RDXs. That said, reliability may not be a concern for buyers that don't keep cars longer than a few years. We shall see!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I pulled the trigger and got the 20 Advance AWD in Modern Steel with Expresso interior. With an additional gift card from Acura for a bad Navi on my old 17 Tech, I got 12.3k off MSRP. Had to finance $5k (that’s the minimum) from Acura and got a 2.99 rate for 36 mo. Total interest for the 36 mo is just over $240, so no problem taking the finance deal. And I can pay it off after 3 mo. with no penalty.
Only one day with it but love it. Shifts are super smooth and the Navi works! And the dealer was super with showing this old guy all the tech features.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
And I can pay it off after 3 mo. with no penalty.
You could actually pay off once you see your bill... so it is normally after 30 days.. First bill normally due after 45 days..

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Good discounts, good times. However, has anybody thought about holding off until the 2021s are available in a few months? Isn't that model supposed to be a redesign? Since the MDX supplies a humongous slice of Acura revenue, I'm assuming there would be Honda/Acura incentives from the get-go.
I’m waiting for the 2021. Going from a 17 to a 20 makes no sense to me. With the exception of CarPlay,they are identical. I like redesigns. I guess that’s why I’ve had so many cars. Don’t plan on any incentives from the start.

·
Registered
490 Posts
.... With an additional gift card from Acura for a bad Navi on my old 17 Tech,
..... Shifts are super smooth and the Navi works!
OK - so I've gotta ask - who gave you the "gift card" - Acura? The dealer? My '17 had a bad Navi that I battled with Acura on for a couple of months (with video/photo evidence), and in the end the DEALER stepped up and essentially paid off the residual on the '17 (about $3k under book at 2/3 of the way thru the lease) and gave me a $12K discount off the '19 Advance (the value the lease started at) to get me out of my '17. In the end, like you, I'm happy and my nav (knock on wood) works consistently.

andy

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Gift card was supplied by Acura Client Relations (American Honda Motor Co.) They work closely with the dealers. In your case it appears the dealer took care of you, in mine, Acura. But I’m sure Acura played a part in your lease settlement.
I love the ride and looks of the 20 Advance. I’m not sure of the looks from the spy photos I saw of the 21. Looks a bit boxy and like a larger RDX. And I don’t care for the dash layout of the RDX. I’m hoping the 21 MDX turns out to be a great vehicle. If it is, I might get one, but I wasn’t passing up on the sweet deal I just got. Doubt the discounts on the 21 end up more than a few grand at first, if that.
All that matters is if you are happy with the deal and vehicle you got. So far, I am.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Gift card was supplied by Acura Client Relations (American Honda Motor Co.) They work closely with the dealers. In your case it appears the dealer took care of you, in mine, Acura. But I’m sure Acura played a part in your lease settlement.
I love the ride and looks of the 20 Advance. I’m not sure of the looks from the spy photos I saw of the 21. Looks a bit boxy and like a larger RDX. And I don’t care for the dash layout of the RDX. I’m hoping the 21 MDX turns out to be a great vehicle. If it is, I might get one, but I wasn’t passing up on the sweet deal I just got. Doubt the discounts on the 21 end up more than a few grand at first, if that.
All that matters is if you are happy with the deal and vehicle you got. So far, I am.
Did you keep your 2017? If not than surely the trade in came into play.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts