Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Acura MDX SH-AWD
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Recent new owner of a 2012 MDX, and gotta say I love it!

But have a question, I have a "Service Due Soon, B136" message, which I believe is oil, transmission & differential flush/changes.

What's a "normal' rate for this service? Prices are all over, with 2 of the local mom/pop repair shops with great reviews being $600-800, and at the low side the local Honda dealership at ~$300? I'd love to get dealer service for the lowest price, but the voices in my head have me wondering if they're missing something.

Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
33 Posts
This is for Canada and in my opinion very easy to diy.
If you want to do a full trans oil change that Shops rarely do, the famous 3x3 method will run you around 100$ Cad.
The other fluids are very inexpensive. I paid an hour labour to do a full checkup on my car after I bought it and they filled my diff fluids free of charge...
It's all up to you.
In my opinion if they just charge 3 L of trans fluid it's gonna run you a 100 + 50 for labour and diff fluid another 100 + 50. Sometimes these prices don't make sense and a lot of us like doing it ourselves cuz we know what's up.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I had the B136 service done on my 2017 SH-AWD MDX two weeks ago. I took it to my nearest Honda dealer (nearest Acura is 2.5 hours away from me) and paid $406 plus an extra $15 for new wiper blade inserts.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I had the B136 service done on my 2017 SH-AWD MDX two weeks ago. I took it to my nearest Honda dealer (nearest Acura is 2.5 hours away from me) and paid $406 plus an extra $15 for new wiper blade inserts.
$400 for trans, diff and engine oil?

·
Registered
1,129 Posts

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
My dealership does a 1X transmission service for around $100 or the 3X transmission service for $325. I would double-check if they are doing the 1X or 3X AT service.

·
Registered
2012 Acura MDX SH-AWD
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey guys, thanks for the info, really helps! Sounds like the Honda dealer will be the best for me know.. Not sure what the 2 others were doing for more than double.. :/

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey guys, thanks for the info, really helps! Sounds like the Honda dealer will be the best for me know.. Not sure what the 2 others were doing for more than double.. :/
My local Honda dealership services my 16 Advance. Rear diff fluid was $199. They got me a new Acura key for $350. I have not done the trans yet.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I just had B16 done for $150 at the Honda dealer. They did oil, tires and rear diff.

Acura dealer is 50 miles away and Honda is 1. :) They are happy to do it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts