Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone!

Just bought a new 2010 MDX Advance w/ Entertainment/Tech package with 65K miles. The MDX was well maintained by the previous owner...going to bring it to the home dealership to get a printout of all the maintenance done on it so far. I want to make sure I keep up with the maintenance...what do you guys recommend I make sure I do first? A friend told me to go right in to replacing the differential fluids. I did find that the HFL doesn't work, so I'm waiting to hear back from the dealership I bought it from to see if they will pay for the replacement of the unit. Other than that, the car is a dream to drive and own.

Anyway, I'm super excited to join the forum. I've been quietly browsing through a few posts over the last few days and have already learned a lot about the new machine.

Looking forward to being a part of the community.

BigEd184

·
Registered
858 Posts
Congrats on purchase. Normally I would say initially replace all fluids, but being dealer serviced you may be current. Compare the dealer info to Acura's maintenance schedule to see what, if anything, needs to be done.

The Maintenance Minder will tell you when service is needed and what services are needed. Hopefully the dealer from whom you purchased did not reset Minder without performing services.

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
:welcome: pics or it didn't happen! ;)

·
Registered
678 Posts
If you can do the work yourself, replace air filter, cabin filter, engine oil w/ synthetic, transmission 3x, transfer case, rear differential, flush brake fluid, and rotors and pads. All these should cost you about $600-700, and your time. Start and remove all doubts.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Congrats on purchase. Normally I would say initially replace all fluids, but being dealer serviced you may be current. Compare the dealer info to Acura's maintenance schedule to see what, if anything, needs to be done.

The Maintenance Minder will tell you when service is needed and what services are needed. Hopefully the dealer from whom you purchased did not reset Minder without performing services.
Thanks! The dealer I got it from wasn't an Acura dealer, so they didn't reset the minder. They did replace the oil, so I got a maintenance minder for a few weeks before I got a chance to bring it in to Acura for a checkup among other things.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you can do the work yourself, replace air filter, cabin filter, engine oil w/ synthetic, transmission 3x, transfer case, rear differential, flush brake fluid, and rotors and pads. All these should cost you about $600-700, and your time. Start and remove all doubts.
Well, there are a few things I can do myself, but some I just don't trust myself nor do I have the location to do some of the work.

I took it to the dealer and got a full inspection. I had them replace the oil, transmission fluid, and the rear differential..you know the big stuff. They also suggested that I replace the brakes and wanted me to shave the rotors..they were charging like $800 bucks for the brake work. I just bought new rotors and pads and am looking to get them installed this weekend. Someone PMed me about doing it at his home garage, but I am a little weary about it. I want to get the warm and fuzzies from getting the work done at a certified shop, just in case...what do you recommend?

·
Registered
274 Posts
Well, there are a few things I can do myself, but some I just don't trust myself nor do I have the location to do some of the work.

I took it to the dealer and got a full inspection. I had them replace the oil, transmission fluid, and the rear differential..you know the big stuff. They also suggested that I replace the brakes and wanted me to shave the rotors..they were charging like $800 bucks for the brake work. I just bought new rotors and pads and am looking to get them installed this weekend. Someone PMed me about doing it at his home garage, but I am a little weary about it. I want to get the warm and fuzzies from getting the work done at a certified shop, just in case...what do you recommend?
That someone was me and if you prefer I can also teach you how to do it step by step..it really is not that hard to do. Just looking out for a fellow forum member..We can arrange to have it done one day at my place of work if it makes you feel better..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts