Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am over 100k so did not qualify for the Acura recall/replacement of the sport model suspension. The dealership wanted $4400 to replace it!!!

I read the old threads on people using KYB replacement stuts....my mechanic and I could NOT get this to work. What a waste that was.

Thankfully, strutmasters.com just released replacement struts that fit the sport models. The struts are 'dumb' struts and you lose your ability to switch between sport/comfort, but for the price, I don't care. $815 shipped to my door. The kit includes front and rear struts, rear springs, and a module to remove the dash light warning.

I have not received them yet, but I am excited there is an option that doesn't cost $4k!

Hopefully this helps people who need to replace old struts on their Sports. I'll post after install to review. :grin:

·
Registered
222 Posts
I am over 100k so did not qualify for the Acura recall/replacement of the sport model suspension. The dealership wanted $4400 to replace it!!!

I read the old threads on people using KYB replacement stuts....my mechanic and I could NOT get this to work. What a waste that was.

Thankfully, strutmasters.com just released replacement struts that fit the sport models. The struts are 'dumb' struts and you lose your ability to switch between sport/comfort, but for the price, I don't care. $815 shipped to my door. The kit includes front and rear struts, rear springs, and a module to remove the dash light warning.

I have not received them yet, but I am excited there is an option that doesn't cost $4k!

Hopefully this helps people who need to replace old struts on their Sports. I'll post after install to review. :grin:
So any chance for a review?

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
If his mechanic and he could not make the ADS to Base shock conversion "work" they are both very lousy mechanics... 815 bucks are still more expensive than the KYB alternative so it makes no sense. The Base shock conversion is proven and it works and its cheaper soooooo.... Advertising much?

·
Registered
131 Posts

How did the KYB replacements "not work"? What makes the strut masters version different?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts