Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, just signed up my very first Acura. Bought it locally with Remote Start, Hitch and All Weather floor / cargo matts.

Glad to found this great forum and I already have my very first question to post on here: Should I buy the dealer offered 8yr/100K extended warranty - $1900?

The warranty, actually a Service Contract, is offered by Protective Asset Protection company. So, is it still backed by the dealership or Acura??

As an old schooler, we should waive all extended warranty, but the fact is that there is so much high tech gadgets in the car and it costs a lot for repair. And they are indeed prone to failure. So, a good solid extended warranty can be a good insurance.

I still have time to cancel it, so please help me out here. Any input is appreciated. Anyone has any experience with the Protective company?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Welcome and congrats. If you have the AWD, I drive your exact car and color combo (less the hitch). I had come from BMW (an X5 money pit) and was all set to get the 8/120 Acura Warranty... and I was temporarily talked out of it (by what seems to be a pretty ethical vendor on this very forum). It was explained that I should, statistically speaking, have a mush different experience in reliability with my new Acura. I still have a few thousand miles to decide (up to 6K i think)... and yes, there sure is a lot of tech. Not to mention that AWD systems really have different "wear" issues than 2wd systems.

My only advice would be to shop the pricing on the warranty. $1900 isn't bad for 8/100, but I think you just might be able to get 8/120 for that price.... Dealerships have insane mark-ups. The parts suppliers that participate on this forum have really good pricing and will quote you for a warranty through Acura (ps - I would only buy an extended through the manufacturer - but that is just me).

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank You for all of your input and it's good to know that the AcuraCare can be purchased any time in the first 4 years. So, i'm going to cancel my existing one and will wait and shop around more. I have read so many things about HondaAcuraWorld.com but I didn't see they selling the AcuraCare though.

So, if any of you have come to good deals on AcuraCare, please post them on here, Huge Thanks!!

Glad to be part of this great Community now! A good start :29::29::29:

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Thank You for all of your input and it's good to know that the AcuraCare can be purchased any time in the first 4 years. So, i'm going to cancel my existing one and will wait and shop around more. I have read so many things about HondaAcuraWorld.com but I didn't see they selling the AcuraCare though.

So, if any of you have come to good deals on AcuraCare, please post them on here, Huge Thanks!!

Glad to be part of this great Community now! A good start :29::29::29:
I think HondaAcuraWorld is now oemacuraparts (Tim on this board).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts