Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

New '15 MDX owner

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  LostCreekSooner 
#1 ·
Hello,

Just picked up a 2015 MDX with Tech package with 20k miles few weeks ago. Got a CPO from Rallye Acura in NY. They pushed for extended warranty so, i opt in for $1500 which will cover me until 2022. They said i can return it if I didn't use it. I came from 07 Civic Si and so far, loving the MDX. Some stuff that i wish i had are panoramic sunroof and a bit more quieter inside.

So far, i got OEM all weather mats, bumper bully (rear and front) protection and a dash cam installed. I picked the 2015 to avoid the 9 speed transmission. Was thinking about going for 16/17 EXL pilot or 16 CX-9 but ended up with MDX and so far not disappointed.

I'm a bit of a neat freak about automobiles and want to know every detail about it. There are few things I want to ask.

1) when I let go of the gas from let's say 30mph, i feel the downshift (more like a gear breaking) around 20mph and the car jerks a bit. That bothers me a bit. Is it normal?

2) Nav system is slowwwww and not really responsive. I asked the dealer about map update and they said there has been no updates since the car came out. How do i update the map (if there was one)?

3) What are the must have exterior/interior accessories? I'm thinking Running board, LED fog light and roof rail for the exterior an maybe a remote start.

4) What other bolt on performance upgrades can i put on? Going to order K & N filter soon. Is there an aftermarket exhaust system available for 3rd gen MDXes?

Thanks in advance. Any ideas, opinions or suggestions are welcome.

See less See more
Discussion starter · #4 ·
I have a 2015 Tech package as well. I'm not sure if it's because I drive a G35 daily, but I feel that the MDX hesitates for shifting constantly. It's frustrating and I like to keep the driving/riding experience as smooth as possible. This car seems to fight me all of the time with hesitation and bucking with trans shifting. I am not interested in saving fuel, but I think this car is sacrificing performance to save drops of fuel. I am getting a VCM muzzler to cut out the buffoonery for saving gas, as I did with my Odyssey, but I hope I can get performance back. I bought this car not to be frugal with fuel.
Thanks. I don't care about the mpg as long as it doesn't go to crazy. But we are giving up performance the second we bought the MDX.

Discussion starter · #5 ·
Thanks alot for the info. I will look into all that. I doubt that i would install I/H/E on the MDX. Just wondering if there's any on the market.

As for the exterior mods, I want them mainly just for looks. They are over priced anyways. I would definitely go for a fog light tho.

Discussion starter · #8 ·
The MDX is the Top pick in the Segment if you are looking for Performance and Handling... It's Top 3 right there with the X5 and Q7, You are giving up in Performance the moment you pick anything else.
You are right. That's why I picked MDX over other 3 row SUVs. Still faster at 0-60 than my civic Si by whole second.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.