Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to dealership today as i wanted to buy hood air deflector for MDX. Thought it was going to be 90.00 or so since the last one for other SUV was around that. They said it was 240.00! Did Google search and found it for 140.00 shipped!. Dealership si such a ripoff. Also, the running boards Im considering are also half price at this place compared to dealer.

·
Registered
3,761 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Now you tell me!. i already ordered it. Not that it matters now, but why is the OEM air deflector so bad? it looks exactly the same as the Canadian one.

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
The OEM is tinted green and sits a bit higher up on the hood. The FF is smoke gray and matches better, and reportedly is a better fit, too.

And whaddyamean, now we tell ya -- there's a Hondacuraworld banner @ the top of a bunch of the pages :D

At least you'll know where to buy your gear in the future...

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
mact3333,

if you are visiting here often, you should know the best part price for MDX is from Tim @ hondacuraworld.com (for the most of time).

anyhow, next time if you are thinking to purchase parts, check with Tim first. :2:

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Mact333, You made two mistakes. First one was going to the dealer for accessories. Second one was doing a google search instead of a "hood deflector" search here.

If you would have used the search function of this site you would have found out about the fine Formfit deflector from Tim for about $100.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the pathetic thing is that I already knew about Tim. Ive been on this board on and off since May of last year...:). Man, maybe I can cancel my order. Green color sounds sick.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I recently bought a clear Form Fit deflector from Tim for about $100 shipped via UPS Ground. I recevied it in about a week after I ordered it, and was delivered to me in perfect condition. It depends on the color of your X, I prefer clear for my X instead of other color. I heard that the clear Form Fit has just been made available from Canada. I haven't installed it yet, but it will look perfectly match with my SS. :4:

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
iceman1331 said:
I recently bought a clear Form Fit deflector from Tim for about $100 shipped via UPS Ground. I recevied it in about a week after I ordered it, and was delivered to me in perfect condition. It depends on the color of your X, I prefer clear for my X instead of other color. I heard that the clear Form Fit has just been made available from Canada. I haven't installed it yet, but it will look perfectly match with my SS. :4:
iceman,

once you install the clear FormFit deflector, please take a photo and show us here. clear formfit just became available late last year.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
mact3333 said:
Went to dealership today as i wanted to buy hood air deflector for MDX. Thought it was going to be 90.00 or so since the last one for other SUV was around that. They said it was 240.00! Did Google search and found it for 140.00 shipped!. Dealership si such a ripoff. Also, the running boards Im considering are also half price at this place compared to dealer.
I just remembered, you bought your MDX in Portland. Was the dealer quoting you $240 Acura of Portland or Ron Tonkin's? Did the $240 include installation? The Formfit only takes about 10 minutes to install by the way.

I bought my MDX from Tonkin and it was a very postitive experience with one exception. They charged me $975 for the dealer installed tow package. Dealers need to wise up. That extra $200 profit they tacked on will leave a negative impression in mind about them. They will not be the first place I look when I purchase my next vehicle.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yup, that was me. I bought a SS from Acura of Portland. I just had better vibes from them rather than Tonkin in Beaverton. I wont buy from Tonkin anymore cause we, as a family, have bought 6 Acuras from Ron Tonkin Acura in the past and thought we were getting a decent deal cause we sorta knew one of the managers and when I did some research, none of the deals were much of a deal at all. So Im biased against them.

The quote I got for 240.00 was from Acura of Portland. They never said whether it was installed price or not. All dealers rip ya off!. Where in Oregon are you from anyway?.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Deflector at dealer is 365 cdn installed!!!

Found a local source for a Formfit deflector for substantially less.

Will Acura ever learn??

1 - 12 of 12 Posts