Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to buy a new MDX. my wife and myself went through the color options and stopped at Red (whatever it called, i don't remember). she doesn't want to have black and silver, so these are not on the list :(
what do you think about Red? does anyone have it and how do you like it? i would appreciate your response very much.

-mike

·
Registered
18 Posts
I am taking delivery of our RedRock Touring w/ Navi on Monday. Up until now I have only seen 2 RedRocks in person. One at the NY AutoShow and one in front of a local supermaket.

My wife and I chose this color for a few reason. We definitely wanted a tan interior. (we have a black leather interior in our car now, and in the summer it gets very hot). That left us with only a few choices, the RedRock, Nighthawk Black, Taffetta White, Mesa Beige, and Mahogany.

Of these choices the Red was by far our favorite. My car now is a deep cranberry, and my experience has been great. Swirl marks are virtually invisible and with a quick wash and dry, the car always looks shiny.

Black was our second choice, but it takes a lot of work to keep it looking bright as new.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Red is Beautiful...

MDXtatic said:
My wife and I chose this color for a few reason. We definitely wanted a tan interior.
Check out my post with pictures in the galary. I have owned for six months the very earliest Red Rock after a 3 months or so wait. And I have been writing here in the early stage about color.

http://www.acuramdx.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=56994#post56994

Color is a personal choice, but it is also a fashion choice. My BMW is a silver with black interior. Living in the south, I probably won't get a hot black leather seat like that ever. The silver color looks great with any brand of cars and you could keep your car in good shape after many years. By the rule of elimination, we also consider the Mesa Beige. My problem with that color is that this color has been exetremely popular since the Lexus RX300. Even with a slight variation in beige, I still see A LOT of this color in my area. Besides, I can't tell the difference of the 2001 and 2002.

I picked the red color without seeing the car first since there was none to see. I got the very first car coming to town but the color is just like no others. :)

If you like red, the Red Rock is beautiful. It also changes color appearance depending on the weather. (Seriously). It is a bit more work to keep clean but that is same on any non-white non-silver color. I like the Red Rock choice.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thank you guys for your replies. i've seen red mdx only once myself and was a bit concerned about keeping the car clean every day, but now i will definitely go for this color choice. thanks again. i can't wait for my car - it should be delivered in july :) i'm very exited :)

·
Registered
285 Posts
luckymichael said:
thank you guys for your replies. i've seen red mdx only once myself and was a bit concerned about keeping the car clean every day, but now i will definitely go for this color choice. thanks again. i can't wait for my car - it should be delivered in july :) i'm very exited :)
we've had our RR MDX for a month now... and we still haven't given it a wash yet (we are lazy, and are waiting for the zaino products to arrive).... it's not been driven in rainy days, so it only requires some mimor 'buffing' with 100% cotton towels every week, which takes about 5-10 minutes.... it's a nice workout:D

as some people pointed out, the RR color is absolutely fabulous... it is very very bright under the sun, yet somewhat darker in cloudy days... enjoy your RR MDX....

·
Registered
285 Posts
luckymichael-

another good thing of having a RR color is that there aren't many around town... we've encountered many MDXs here recently, but only once another RR colored one... i guess it's because RR is a new color, and hence limited production....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts