Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can get a 2000 LX470 for $40k (or a bit less). It doesn't have NAV or RES. These things go for over $65k new. The dealer has 2.9% financing on certifed pre-owned.

I had been thinking of a Touring/NAV/RES, but I'm more interested in the overall reliability and function of the vehicle than some (admittedly very nice) options.

I imagine upkeep and maintenace will be more expensive for Lexus. 8cyl vs 6cyl etc.

Driver room is important to me, being 6'7".

What would you do and why?

Thanks for your advice.

Roofer

·
Registered
2,474 Posts

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
How many miles on the LX470?

How much longer is it under warranty?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LX470

Its a 2000. 37000 miles. Its a certified pre-owned. Meaning that I'll get 3 years or 100k miles on top of the factory warranty. I believe its good till 2006.

·
Registered
11 Posts
That was the exact choice I had when I chose the MDX. Frankly, it came down to saving $4k over the Lexus (I've been a long time Lexus owner) and the fact that the Lexus is just a pig on gas. Many, many friends have the 470 and reported 11 mpg as common. Throw in the ULEV-2 rating on the MDX and that closed the deal for me.

One important point that the 470 has: If you have a business and this is a business car, the GVW is over 6,000 lbs and that gets into the Section 179 tax deduction this year. That, I believe, allows you to write off $20k of the cost this year as opposed to the MDX which gets me a $3k write off this year. Check IRS.gov and search for Section 179 for more info or look it up in TaxCut if you use that for your taxes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts