Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was reading thru the owners manual and noticed that the MDX MUST be towed on a flatbed. towing it with a tow truck can damage the 4wd system.

hopefully we'll never need to be towed, but if we do... don't forget this!

GO EAGLES!!!

chris

:7: celebrate life!

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
One exception...

You may tow the MDX behind a motor home with all 4 wheels on the ground. :4:

You may not tow the MDX with 2 wheels off the ground, and that's why you need the flatbed tow truck - it's to avoid transmission damage.

·
Registered
293 Posts
really? has anyone had their MDX towed? does this mean Acura TLC will send out a flatbed truck to carry your MDX when necessary? i wonder how do you tell services like AAA that you need to request a flatbed truck instead of a regular tow truck.

-henry

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Henry,

Whenever you call for a TOW truck, just request a flatbed tow truck. If you request flat bed, normally you will get it.

·
Registered
293 Posts
thanks JTM, didn't know i can request for one. good info to know, will definitely pass it on to my wife. the only time i've had a car on a tow truck was when i had a flat on my old integra, and then i found the spare tire was flat too. :1pat:

-henry

·
Registered
173 Posts
I just had mine towed. :mad: :mad: :mad: It was a flatbed truck that came out. I will post the details in another thread.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Rail said:
This thread, reminded me of this thread

Don't rely on Acura to get it right.. notify anyone who may drive your MDX.

Rail
Rail, that thread was almost 2 years ago and only 3 posts long. You have a very good memory.:29:

·
Registered
840 Posts
Hey Rail,

Thanks for the thread link. OMG what a bunch of ignoramuses. How could you not stop to think HMM it looks like a truck, it's probably 4WD. One word: DUMBA$$

SIGH such scenarios always put this image in my head. You walk into a bakery and you ask the baker for some bread and he says "I dunno how to make bread". Isn't that your profession? Either get another job, or a life, or both. ARG! :3:

I think I would almost kill the tow guy if he ever did this to me. Just out of principle. :cool:

·
Registered
840 Posts
Hey Rail,

Thanks for the thread link. OMG what a bunch of ignoramuses. How could you not stop to think HMM it looks like a truck, it's probably 4WD. One word: DUMBA$$

SIGH such scenarios always put this image in my head. You walk into a bakery and you ask the baker for some bread and he says "I dunno how to make bread". Isn't that your profession? Either get another job, or a life, or both. ARG! :3:

I think I would almost kill the tow guy if he ever did this to me. Just out of principle. :cool:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts