Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got my dash apart and in the process of putting in my aftermarket head unit, and see that I need a wire for "illumination"

I've got the ground, power constant, and ignition power figured out (I think) via my tester, but need some help in locating which wire in the MDX harness is for illumination. (white-battery, white with red-ignition, black-ground, illumination...?
[email protected], do you happen to know?

Dealer said they have no way of providing this to me.

The project is at a standstill until I can figure this out. Thanks for any help that can be provided.

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
Try the red/black going to the glovebox light. Confirm in advance that the glovebox light only works (has power) when the parking lights or headlights are on.

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
More alternatives

Red/Black going into the big harness for the trip computer display. It's cavity A11, the left-most on on the bottom row (sorry, can't tell whether it's looking at the F side of the socket or the M side, but one of them will be unused, so it's the one w/the wire :)

Alternately, the "old" 20-pin harness from the BOSE: Red/Black in cavity 9, which is the 2nd from the right in the top row (again, can't tell whether that's the F or M side, but only one will be red/black) is the lights-on signal.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Worm,

thanks for the quick help...I have the Non-Nav Bose model (Canadian Model).

Just to confirm, Red/Black on the stereo harness is still the one?

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
Yup, I assumed Touring (Bose) but NO Nav for your Canajun model.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts