Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The problem I posted here the other day is a function of the Nav screen, as I can solve the problem by selecting Auto for Display and the flashing stops.

Has anyone had their Nav screen repaired by a reliable service? Is Alpine in California the way to go?

Thanks
Ken K

·
Registered
63 Posts
Alpine Torrance

Some people have bought used units on line. You have to make sure that you are getting the exact same unit (year and nav versus non nav). I just looked online and prices are all over the map from about $150 to $800. The risk with used is of course condition. And there is no guarantee that it won't fail a week after you buy it.

I have had the Alpine Torrance facility repair / replace the nav screen in our 2002 MDX twice. It has been many years since the second replacement but my recollection is that they charged a flat fee of around $250. And I think both times I received a refurbished unit as opposed to getting our original unit back repaired. The first refurbished unit lasted several years and was definitely past their warranty period. The second refurbished unis is still working fine many years later.

Alpine Electronics of America, Inc.
2012 Abalone Ave, Unit D.
Torrance, CA 90501

Phone: 1-800-421-2284 ext. 860407
Fax: 1-714-373-4822
Hours: 8:00 A.M. - 12:00 P.M. and 1:00 P.M. - 5:00 P.M., P.S.T. Mon. - Fri.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Some people have bought used units on line. You have to make sure that you are getting the exact same unit (year and nav versus non nav). I just looked online and prices are all over the map from about $150 to $800. The risk with used is of course condition. And there is no guarantee that it won't fail a week after you buy it.

I have had the Alpine Torrance facility repair / replace the nav screen in our 2002 MDX twice. It has been many years since the second replacement but my recollection is that they charged a flat fee of around $250. And I think both times I received a refurbished unit as opposed to getting our original unit back repaired. The first refurbished unit lasted several years and was definitely past their warranty period. The second refurbished unis is still working fine many years later.

Alpine Electronics of America, Inc.
2012 Abalone Ave, Unit D.
Torrance, CA 90501

Phone: 1-800-421-2284 ext. 860407
Fax: 1-714-373-4822
Hours: 8:00 A.M. - 12:00 P.M. and 1:00 P.M. - 5:00 P.M., P.S.T. Mon. - Fri.
Perfect. That is the info that I need. I will pull the Nav display and head unit, then remove the nav display and send that separately, as that is where the problem is. I called them this AM, and their price remains in the same ballpark, at $258.

Many thanks for taking the time to provide the info. After 206K miles, I figure this is a very inexpensive price to pay.

Ken K

1 - 3 of 3 Posts