Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What all is good these days? This will be my third set as I have owned it since 2009. I do live in the snow belt, so having a good all season tire is what makes me safer.

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
Are you not happy with what you have now? I have used the cross terrains for over 160K miles (not the same set, of course).

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The X-Terrians seem a bit pricey for what you get. I used them during the first time, then I went to a the Continental LX20 ecoplus. To be honest I don't really notice a whole lot of difference. I think I am more of an aggressive driver as my tires seem to wear quicker than most. They also discontinued the x-terrians

·
Registered
5 Posts
I did a quick search at tirerack.com and the Yokohama Geolanders came up also. They are supposed to be good too. They are much more affordable, however I am not going to sweat an extra $100 either way vs. getting good tires.
I will have to research the Goodyears, I hadn't thought of those as an option. I have been extremely happy with the Michelin's, however a tire upgrade is an easy change to a vehicle and I have the opportunity with a replacement coming up. The tread wear on the crossterrain's seems more than I would have expected. Going into winter I am not sure if I want to try to get an extra 10k out of them. Summer, I would probably keep them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts