Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My fellow MDXers,

Just got the cargo cover from Tim and it is great. Installed pretty easy. One question though - how do you make it retract into the holder when yuo do not want to use it? Mine does not and I have to just leave it lying there when I do not need it.

Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
228 Posts
It should be spring loaded and retracts by itself as soon as you release it. Make sure it's flat and folded, this could impede the retraction. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Give it a pull.

I don't know if you have had one of these before so this may sound stupid.

Pull it out a little further to release the rachet lock. Then it should roll right up.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tried that

I have not had one of these before but my Dad did on his Honda Accord station wagon. His did retract when you pulled it out a little further. Mine basically flops down on the floor when i try and pull it out further.

Wish it worked like the pull down blinds on my home window which go up so fast when you just walk by and scares the living crap out of you.

Any more suggestions would be great. Maybe the spring action mechanism is not working properly.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Mushman,
Sounds like you have a faulty cover. It should spring back like those blinds/curtains. I'll bet Tim won't have any problem exchanging it for you. Good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts