Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to buying audio upgrades and I do not know much about it. I don't know what I should upgrade for my 2011 Acura MDX. I know I want to get new sub woofers but I don't know what else I should get. I listen to a lot of rap and electronic music. What kind of sub woofers should I get and what else should I buy to upgrade my car.

·
Registered
80 Posts
pappas26,

Sorry, I just saw this topic, hence the late reply. To be honest, this is a REALLY open-ended question, so it's difficult to give you a straight answer. The best/easiest method would be for you to find a local audio shop, make a "test disc" of your favorite tunes which display the type of music you want to mainly listen to, and then go audition different subs and speakers to see what it is you like.

After you have an idea of the make/model speakers you prefer, you need to decide if the install is something you want to tackle yourself, or pay someone else to do. If it's a tackle yourself thing, then just go start searching on the internet for the best deal you can find on LEGIT websites, so that if you need warranty repair or something down the line, you are covered. If you don't care about warranty, then feel free to go the ebay or craigslist or whatever, option.

If you want to have a pro installer do the work, DO YOUR HOMEWORK. Join a couple car audio forums, post your location to the forum and ask for references on installers in your area. Word of mouth is your best friends here, in most cases. Good installers are tough to find.. at least in my neck of the woods (Houston, TX). Anyone can cut a hole in your door panels and wire in a soeaker. It takes somewhat of a mix of science and art to make it look aesthetically pleasing AND sound good.

Hope that helps.

Jeff

·
Registered
1 Posts
If you’re a total newbie to the world of car audio systems, then there’s just one key fact that you should be aware of.
It isn't some byzantine formula that’s used to calculate https://paper-writing-service.reviews or optimal speaker placements. It doesn't have anything to do with squeezing every last bit out of a car audio capacitor or adding an additional battery.
It’s not even a hot tip on where to get the cheapest prices on audio gear.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts