Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, my wife stopped short and had to brace herself and unfortunately broke the touch screen radio control with her hand. Has this happened to anyone? And how much is it to fix?
Also, my MDX is a lease. Is it a problem to get it fixed outside of the Acura dealership if I can find a cheaper option? Thanks!

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
First what year is the mdx? I'm guessing you're the guy who posted on azine too, so I'm guessing you're a 3G mdx.

The odmd unit is about $600-900 (2016+ built after December 2015 seem to have the more expensive units), and give it about 2-3 hours for replacement at $100/hr... We're looking at about $1-1.3k maybe? Just my rough estimate. Indie shops are usually not so versed with electronics of the newer vehicles, and an automobile AV shop may be better suited for the job. I do recall someone saying that the odmd replacement required swapping over the existing hard drive to the replacement unit. Lastly, I'll try to find my post with instructions on removing the odmd for install of a mirroring device. That may help a shop with being more confident about removing and replacing the odmd.

Both hands on the wheel next time!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts