Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:3: Need help to find a good deal in Toronto!

Hi everyone, after doing research on Mdx and read many posts in here. I have decided to get the Mdx, thanks for so many good inputs on the X in this forums, it make my decision easier.

And now I just need to find a good dealership and possible a good deal (hopefully I could get the X under MSRP). I hope you guys could help me here.

Is there any dealership you will recommend in GTA area? And how much you've got your X for before taxes, so I could use that for a reference point.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Try Acura 2000 in Brampton

I have bought a couple of Acuras from Acura 2000 in Brampton when I still lived in Toronto. I always dealt with the owner of the dealership, Mr. Paul Policaro. He's straightforward and was pleasant to deal with. I'm not sure what deals he gives out for the MDX but the last 2 Acuras that I bought were invoice price + $500 -- he will show you the invoice price. He might not do this for the MDX since it is a popular vehicle that is limited in supply. But, it's worth a try.

The last Acura I purchased from him (my 1998 Acura 1.6EL) took 10 minutes to buy -- from the time I walked into the dealership to shaking hands with him about the deal. And I shopped around before I went to him -- his price was easily at least $1000 less than the best price I got from Erin Mills Acura.

BTW, I have nothing to gain from this.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Crikey. I will give it a try.

So is there any other people that got their MDX in Toronto area? How's your experiences with the dealer? And what did you get?

·
Administrator
710 Posts
Macross said:
Thanks Crikey. I will give it a try.

So is there any other people that got their MDX in Toronto area? How's your experiences with the dealer? And what did you get?
Macross -

I got mine from Downtown Acura. They were pretty straightforward, can't complain. For me it came down to who was going to give me the best value for my trade in. Mind you, I was one for the first to drive the MDX in Toronto, so I paid straight MSRP.

You can also try Acura of North Toronto. They are supposed to be the largest Acura dealer (volume) in Canada, they may be open to more deals.

Good luck, and wave next time you see my X :2:

·
Registered
87 Posts
We bought 2 MDX's from North Toronto Acura (delivery was Dec and Jan). I negotiated the entire transaction over the phone (since I was bedridden at the time) in about 20 minutes. We ended up paying MSRP but were given any accessories at 50% off. As a result, we got lots of accessories from them. There was never any high pressure sell, no forced accessories and no deceit. Since we had to wait approx 2 months for the X's, I received two follow up calls letting me know that we were still waiting. One of the X's came in early (due to someone else changing their mind on the colour) and the 2nd one came in about 1 week early. The rep actually called to apologize that it was early. We set up a delivery time on the phone and all the paperwork was prepared, the vehicle was clean and everything worked perfectly. I have since received 2 follow up calls from the rep to see if everything is ok. In my opinion, a perfect buying experience (other than paying MSRP).
Finally, I took one of the X's in to have the chrome bars installed and the service dept was great. Booking was no problem, they have a drive in reception for service. There were 2 attendants, one to take my keys and add the paper onto the floor and seat and the other to take my info. The service advisors knew my name although I have never met them and the waiting area has a nice coffee/cappuccino machine, soft leather seating, a decent TV, current newspapers and even a fireplace. When the work was complete, the service advisor came to get me from the waiting area and when I signed off the paperwork, they gave me a wash coupon for the no touch wash across the street. I am told that they usually wash it for you. Overall, this is the type of service experience I will look forward to.
The rep I dealt with was Wilson Mak. If you call him, tell him Kal sent you.
Good luck.
:5:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts