Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased one of these for my MDX:

http://www.street-looks.com/accessories/blazingwindshield.php

The main reason I bought them was because my daughter liked the way they look and I don't think they look too bad either.

I need a little bit of help installing them. I want to wire them to my headlights so they will only come on at night when I turn them on.

Any tips on taking out the old washer nozzles, wiring, etc. Are there any problems that can arise?

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
From the pic in the Service Manual, it looks like the nozzles just click into place; you'll have to squeeze the clips from the underside and pop the nozzles up through the hood. The manual specifically says to remove the nozzles, then remove the washer tubing from the nozzles.

For the wiring, I'd pick one of the red wires with the black stripe that go to the parking lights for the +12V connection, and just about any black wire for the ground -- or add a wire from the LEDs to a ground screw.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Does anyone know how big the nozzles are?
I like the size of the original nozzle now on the hood. I also like the way the LED looks on the nozzles.

If the nozzles are about the same..I like to get a pair.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The nozzles I purchased are slightly bigger than the OEM ones. The ones I have are also a shiny chrome color, which goes well with a silver MDX.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I've seen those led washers.....

they look pretty cool but unfortunately also illegal in most cities and states, you might want to check out your local laws in your area. There's also another new product out there, it's an led that attaches to your windshield wipers. An older product also worth mentioning is Tireflys its a tire valve cover w/ a built in led and lights up when the tires spin.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts