Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my 2002 GG premium (base) MDX last Tuesday.
Except for the buterflies in my stomach from thinking that I probably should not have spent so much, I am extremely happy with my vehicle selection.

However, the Granite Green, at least on my base model, looks rather plain. At night especially, the color is rather boring. I have seen the silver but I still think the granite green is more attractive.

Are there any "must have" accessories that will help dress up the exterior of my MDX? Keep in mind that I can't afford to spend a whole lot of money.

Thanks

·
Registered
442 Posts
Welcome to the growing ranks of the "haves".
The fender flares look pretty cool and would be a good place to start. I think their neutral grey color compliments the Granite Green but others may disagree. You could even have them painted to match the body as some have done, especially with the black. Has anyone done this with G.G.?

·
Registered
206 Posts
I think the Granite Green MDX looks real nice without adding to the car. I havent added any extra trim, other than chrome license plate frames. Sometimes my MDX looks grayish, sometimes you can see the green in the color. Use some Zaino to give it a real good looking shine.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Body side molding looks good and helps prevent door dings. Easy to install and you can get them from Tim.

Chrome side sides would really dress up the MDX. I wanted to get them but was overruled by wife( had to give some say since she agreed to let me buy the MDX in the first place)!

Rear tailgate deflector also adds to the vehicle. Painted or not, it would go with your color. Mine's painted and looks great. Another easy install except for the trauma of drilling those holes in a new vehicle.

Good luck with your new ride.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
I put on the base carrier not only 'cause I needed to haul bikes but also because I think almost any SUV looks better with a rack. Opinions differ and many would say it is not worth it if you are just adding it for the looks of the rack. I think the rack really makes the MDX look better particularly in GG. You should be able to find pics both with and without the rack in the old threads and compare for yourself.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Of the external accessories I've added, it's difficult to express how much the Stainless Steel Sidesteps enhances the aesthetics of my GG... I know it's a personal opinion but if you ask those who have gotten the Stainless Sidesteps, the concensus would be "two-thumbs up..."

External Accessories I've put on my GG:
1. Body Side Moulding
2. Roof Rack
3. Manik Stainless Sidesteps
4. Zaino (is this considered an accessory?)
5. Headlights (about every 4 weeks, I rotate 9006 Silverstars and modified-9005 Bluevisions)

About the roof rack, I got them because I needed to attach some Thule Ski racks... As for looks of the roof rack, I'm still somewhat divided if it indeed does anything for the appearance of the X.

And maybe it's just me but a painted rear deflector with oem roof racks kinda clashes... Best money I think I spent on exterior accessories is definetely the BSM for practical reasons, but a close second is the Stainless Sidesteps...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts