Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was talking to a car mechanic/shipper about wax and polish and he had a the whole line of dupont first step 1500 products. He put some on my X and the stuff is like glass. I asked this guy how it compares to Zaino and he said that this is his top choice despite the large price tag. So I've been searching for a good deal on this stuff on the net without any luck. I can't find anyone who sells this stuff even on ebay. If someone knows where I can find this stuff please tell me. The wax is like a film of glass and it made a small branch scratch on my rack vanish. Besides it seems everyone uses Zaino I want to be different.

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Can't find a good deal or can't find it period?

Do you mean you can't find a good price or that you can't find it period? How/where did your mechanic find it? Have you posed this question in the detailing forum?

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can't find this stuff for sale anywhere. I have no idea where the mechanic bought this stuff, I'm guessing in New York City because that is where he is from. He mentioned paying $75 for a bottle.

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
manus1980 said:
The wax is like a film of glass and it made a small branch scratch on my rack vanish. Besides it seems everyone uses Zaino I want to be different.
Well, on Google groups I found this:

Meguire's number 4 and 7, and Dupont 1500s and 3000s.
Dupont's products are basically equivalents to sandpaper
grades. 1500s is only for heavily scratch, and is similar
to using 1500 grit sand paper

equivalents to sandpaper????????

Not on my X!!!

here's the whole text:

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=Dupont+1500S&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF8&oe=UTF8&[email protected]&rnum=2

1 - 5 of 5 Posts