Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I think you are missing the purpose of the thread just to prove that your point is valid.

For the record I did move on from that shitty gb. You want to be the frog in the well go ahead. But please don't mislead folks who turn to forums for genuine feedback.

Anyways I have said what I wanted to, not wasting any more time.
Heres some feedback! I agree Zf9 is a horrible transmission.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
I’ve test driven a few 18’s and didn’t notice a harsh shift at all. That being said I think I’m going to go with a ‘14 or ‘15, send that off to school with my child in a few years and then buy myself a newer model (or maybe a cheap NSX by then? Ha!).

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Nowhere near the level of issues with the 7DCT in the hybrid compared to the 9AT. Hybrid prices have really dropped in the 2020 model year. No guarantees the 10AT won't have its own set of "quirks" with the next gen MDX. No word if the 4th Gen hybrid will come out in 2021-2023 or will Acura wait until the MMC in around 2024.

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
Everyone knows a new generation is coming out. We just don’t know when. I’ve been amazed at some of the prices I’ve seen on here.

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Everyone knows a new generation is coming out. We just don’t know when. I’ve been amazed at some of the prices I’ve seen on here.
I was only referring to the 3rd Gen MDX Hybrid. Acura is pretty "hush hush" about any Type-S, A-Spec, PMC, or hybrid 4th Gen MDX. Chances are those models may not be available until the MMC or later starting around 2024. If the previous poster feels the 9AT isn't right for them right now, the hybrid would be the best choice if they want to stay with Acura (if they don't need towing).

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've been driving a 2017 MDX for a couple years now. I'd agree that the transmission isn't very good. I can handle the rough shifts now and then or when the transmission holds a gear too long or shifts to early, those are relatively minor. Unfortunately, mine likes to hesitate and not accelerate when it should. Typically the hesitation happens when I coast up to a right hand turn on a red light (yield sign) and accelerate to get on the highway, or worse when I'm making a left turn through a break in on coming traffic. It's not much fun when you press the gas peddle and the car slowly coasts out into 80 km/h traffic while it tries to decide what gear to use for a second or two before it responds and starts accelerating. I usually down shift with the paddles to prevent the issue, but sometimes I'm talking to a passenger or just not expecting it.

In my opinion if the car can shift and accelerate in a fraction of a second when I paddle shift down a gear or two it should be able to do the same when I press gas peddle aggressively. The dealership hasn't been any help, so I likely won't be getting another Acura when the lease is up in a year. It's too bad because other than the transmission I like the car.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts