Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,
I am new to the site but I am looking to buy a 2014 MDX (tech package) . I would like to know if anyone can fill me in on anything i should know about the MDX, Problems, recalls ect. How good is the mpg for the FWD's? This will be my first Acura and I want to as much as possible before I buy it.
Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Read the forum postings looking for high response posts and subjects of interest.

good luck

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a 2014 Tech. Just went over 50k. Only problem so far was a bad motor mount that was replaced under warranty. If bad you will notice a vibration whilel stopped in drive and at high speeds when the VCM kicks in. Other than that I am very pleased with the car. Vehicle is very smooth and quite. Nice mid-level luxury vehicle without the outrageous maintainance cost of a Merc/Beemer/audi etc. In a nutshell its a good value. To give the car a little pizzaz I suggest getting the advance running boards, rear and front sport trim and back bumper guard. I paid about 900-1k for the accessories. Look around on the internet and you can find some good deals. Good luck.

·
Registered
499 Posts
I have a 2014 Tech with 30K miles, 2 issues. A soft rubbery transmission which was addressed with a software update -fine now, much tighter. Also had a vibration which was also addressed with a TSB. We're getting about 19 miles per gallon mix city/highway. Great vehicle, holds its value well. This is my 4th MDX since 2000.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Normandy, are you going to buy CPO?
Make sure all the maintenance gets done before you buy it and have the transmission software update done and transmission fluid replaced, if it hasn't already been done. There are a couple TSB's out currently on these and our '14 was exhibiting the symptoms (judder in transmission) which so far, have been resolved by the TSBs. Also, make sure the rear differential fluid gets changed.
We bought ours with 31k on the odo and it did not start exhibiting symptoms until about 38k or so, very intermittently. It progressively got worse and I made the decision to take it in. We have almost 42k on the odo now.
Otherwise, we like the vehicle so far and the fuel mileage is much better than the '06 we had previously. I don't think the fit and finish is quite as good as the '06. The '06 seemed more "solid," if you know what I mean.
I added the roof rails and bars myself. Easy DIY and makes the X look much better. Some of the other accessories mentioned on here would also be good upgrades, but I haven't installed any of those yetl.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts