Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All!
I am getting a price quote for 2020 MDX AWD w/Tech Pkg, OTD $44K in New Jersey, with 2.9% Acura Financing, 60 months. List price around $41,300. Wondering if this is a good deal and with the new 2022 model coming out in the next few months, will the price go down further if i decide to wait? Any pointers would help. Thanks!

·
Registered
2017 Acura MDX Tech FWD
738 Posts
Hi All!
I am getting a price quote for 2020 MDX AWD w/Tech Pkg, OTD $44K in North New Jersey, with 2.9% Acura Financing, 60 months. List price around $41,300. Wondering if this is a good deal and with the new 2022 model coming out in the next few months, will the price go down further if i decide to wait? Any pointers would help. Thanks!
Its a great deal. Pull the trigger and buy it! You won't regret it (you wouldn't find deals on the 2022 MDXs).

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Hi All!
I am getting a price quote for 2020 MDX AWD w/Tech Pkg, OTD $44K in New Jersey, with 2.9% Acura Financing, 60 months. List price around $41,300. Wondering if this is a good deal and with the new 2022 model coming out in the next few months, will the price go down further if i decide to wait? Any pointers would help. Thanks!
How is list $41,300?

·
Registered
2017 Acura MDX Tech FWD
738 Posts
How is list $41,300?
I think he meant by dealership listing price, including all the available rebates and discounts added into that list price.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, you are right - datechboss101. $41K is after all discounts (Loyalty discount+rebates).

Thanks for the feedback. Am also hearing some AC issues (taking too long to cool etc) on 2018+ models. Any comments on that?

·
Registered
239 Posts
Hi All!
When I was shopping in Dec, I was quoted 39500 +TTL with AFS financing @4.79APR and $1500 loyalty discount. I picked up a 2016 though thinking to get new MDX couple years later.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
I haven't heard of any A/C cooling issues with the +18 MDXs? I live in the southwest and spent months in San Antonio during the summer. Zero issues staying comfy with 90-100 degree temps and +90% humidity (cooled seats on the Adv was an added cooling bonus). I always use a sun shade on the front windshield when parked, keep the sunroof visor closed, and have front window tint to also help with summer time heat.

·
Registered
239 Posts
They were offering some maintenance service but I declined as was too tired.
Please let me know whether it is worth it or not. Also, do I need to buy an extended warranty thru Acura?
Not sure how much it costs for TTL in TX, 41.5k out the door is the lowest I heard of for new MDX tech.
You can buy extended warranty anytime before manufacturer warranty expires, so wait and see what kind of issues you run into with your mdx.
IMO, 2020 mdx should be the best of ZF9 MDXs out there.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
You can purchase Acuracare from the dealership or check around on the internet for prices from other Acura and Honda dealerships. You might save on price and sometimes you don't have sales tax if you purchase out of state. You can purchase Acuracare anytime as long as your 4yr/50,000 miles basic warranty is still active. I purchased 5yr/120,000 miles Acuracare warranty on my 11 MDX Adv at 3 years 10 months and 48,000 miles from an out of state Acura dealership.

Only bad thing about purchasing any extended warranty now is it will not kick in until your 4yr/50,000 miles basic and 6yr/70,000 powertrain expires. You will be paying for something now you can't use until 2024.

·
Registered
963 Posts
You can purchase Acuracare from the dealership or check around on the internet for prices from other Acura and Honda dealerships. You might save on price and sometimes you don't have sales tax if you purchase out of state. You can purchase Acuracare anytime as long as your 4yr/50,000 miles basic warranty is still active. I purchased 5yr/120,000 miles Acuracare warranty on my 11 MDX Adv at 3 years 10 months and 48,000 miles from an out of state Acura dealership.

Only bad thing about purchasing any extended warranty now is it will not kick in until your 4yr/50,000 miles basic and 6yr/70,000 powertrain expires. You will be paying for something now you can't use until 2024.
I did what you did with my 2005 that I bought used. However, when I bought my 2011 Advance new, the AcuraCare warranty was the last thing I negotiated and got it at dealer cost, which I recollect to have been about $1,200. Plus it was rolled into the special rate financing so I paid for it over 60 months. I ended up using to for a couple of issues (side mirror actuator and power steering pump). When I got my 2017 Advance and cancelled the 2011 warranty I received a $500 refund. So if the plan is to keep the vehicle several years I would consider going ahead and getting the warranty now if you can negotiate a good price, particularly since you can pay for it over 5 yrs.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
It was because of the magnetic struts/shock for the reason for me getting the Acuracare warranty for my 11 MDX Adv. I had the fronts fail at 35,000 miles and was worried about it happening again (keep my cars +150,000 miles). This was before Acura provided an 100,000 miles extended warranty for this issue. I think it was my Acuracare that fixed my rear shocks at 107,000 miles when they failed (depends on what was easier to claim against for the dealership). Other than that, it was replacement of both front seat heaters for my 11 MDX under Acuracare.

I don't know of any chronic issues with with the 3rd Gen MDX to the level of the 2nd Gen MDX had with bluetooth module, radiator fluid mixing into AT, magnetic suspension, P/S rack/pump leaks, door/hatch actuators, key fob range, wiring harness, oil consumption, etc...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I haven't heard of any A/C cooling issues with the +18 MDXs? I live in the southwest and spent months in San Antonio during the summer. Zero issues staying comfy with 90-100 degree temps and +90% humidity (cooled seats on the Adv was an added cooling bonus). I always use a sun shade on the front windshield when parked, keep the sunroof visor closed, and have front window tint to also help with summer time heat.
Thank you for sharing your experience.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If $41k is OTD then great deal but other dealer quotes $38k

2014 MDX Tech FWD
Is it $38K + TTL for 2020 AWD w/ Tech package? I tried few different dealers. nothing less than $41K +TTL in NJ area.
Wondering the reason for the variation between different states?

·
Registered
2020 MDX Tech SH-AWD
32 Posts
I searched for 4 weeks between 5 states, PA, MD, DE, NJ and VA. Best price I found (and purchased 12\31\20) was $44,500 OTD for a Tech Pkg. Included all rebates and dealer installled options. Wheel locks, all weather mats and Heated steering wheel. In the OTD price was the 4yr maintenance plan ($1,200), the 8 yr / 100k warranty ($2,200) and TTL. Was looking for the captain seats in the 2nd row but was unable to locate one the dealers would swap.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I searched for 4 weeks between 5 states, PA, MD, DE, NJ and VA. Best price I found (and purchased 12\31\20) was $44,500 OTD for a Tech Pkg. Included all rebates and dealer installled options. Wheel locks, all weather mats and Heated steering wheel. In the OTD price was the 4yr maintenance plan ($1,200), the 8 yr / 100k warranty ($2,200) and TTL. Was looking for the captain seats in the 2nd row but was unable to locate one the dealers would swap.
Those extras (wheel locks etc + Maintenance plan + 8 yr warranty) seem worth the $44,500 OTD. My $44K does not include any of those.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Those extras (wheel locks etc + Maintenance plan + 8 yr warranty) seem worth the $44,500 OTD. My $44K does not include any of those.
do you mind sharing which state you ended up getting the deal?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts