Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok...So my dealer sends me a letter saying that they will lease me a 2003 Touring for $10 less per month than I'm currentyl paying for my 2001 Touring (36 mo/12k miles - currently w/28k miles with 1 year to go). It will cost me $0 out of pocket...just start paying the new lease (36 months/12k miles).

Is this a no brainer? Or am I missing something? It really sounds too good to be true...so what's up?

Any advice/comments appreciated.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
I am surprised more dealers do not offer this. They get the benefit of selling a lower milage unit and make a little more and you can upgrade to a new vehicle earlier. It is a win...win situation for THEM. They get you locked in for another 3 years as well. If leasing has been working well for you I would say you are crazy not to take that offer. IMHO.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yup, it does seem to be a no brainer. I guess the only thing that might be a problem is the lease residual for the '03 vs my '01. If it was much higher it would explain the 'good deal' and I might have to think about that since it would be a factor at lease end.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts