Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that conference play is heating up its time to focus on college B-Ball in preparation for March madness.

As a Georgia Tech grad I am partial to the ACC. But with two sons at Texas Tech (now I undersatnd those bumper snickers about "My sons and my money go to ...":rolleyes: ) I also follow the Big 12 - both conferences are B-Ball powerhouses and will be well represented in March.

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The Red Raiders were robbed.

It appears that the clocks run a little slower in Oklahoma:28: :14: :11:

Officials reviewing Texas Tech-Oklahoma finish http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/mensbasketball/big12/2003-01-22-texastech-okla-review_x.htm

LUBBOCK, Texas — Big 12 officials are reviewing a tape of Texas Tech's 69-64 overtime loss at No. 7 Oklahoma to try to determine whether there was a glitch in the game clock during the final seconds of regulation.

Television replays of Monday night's game, which was broadcast by ESPN, show that two pauses on the clock may have affected the final seven seconds of the second half and given Oklahoma extra time before Hollis Price's buzzer-beating shot forced overtime.

The outcome of the game cannot be reversed.

"We're aware of an apparent clock problem," Big 12 spokesman Bo Carter said Wednesday. "We're just going to evaluate things. We're working to correct any clock problems and doing a review with all the schools."

The Lubbock Avalanche-Journal reported on its online edition Wednesday that TV replays showed the Sooners may have gotten an extra 1.7 seconds before Price's off-balance jumper tied it at 60.

The first clock pause appeared to have happened with 6.7 seconds remaining when the game was tied 58-58.

Tech then went ahead 60-58 after Will Chavis made two free throws with 4.5 seconds left. On the ensuing inbounds pass, Price appeared to dribble the ball twice before the clock started, and went the length of the court for his game-tying shot, which was in the air as the buzzer sounded.

ESPN broke down the apparent clock problem during a segment Tuesday night.

Dale Kelley, supervisor of officials for the Big 12, said that if any clock problems had been noticed before the teams left the floor, officials could have reviewed it and might have adjusted the clock if they found it necessary.

Big 12 commissioner Kevin Weiberg contacted Texas Tech coach Bob Knight and Oklahoma athletics director Joe Castilione about the review, league spokesman Chris Theisen said.

Given repeated opportunities Wednesday to comment by The Associated Press, Tech basketball spokesman Randy Farley referred all inquiries to Big 12 officials.

"Once they've looked into it, they'll call us and tell us what they think," Texas Tech athletics director Gerald Myers told the newspaper. "That's about all we can do right now. They're not going to reverse the game, once it's in the book."

Oklahoma officials are awaiting the evaluation.

"Until they come back and figure out exactly what went wrong, I don't foresee anything happening," Sooners basketball SID Mike Houck said. "You can't correct something until you know what's wrong."

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
It's probably not big nationally but Michigan hoops team has been a roller coaster this year. Started the season 0-6 (even against some bad teams), two players dismissed from the team and general chaos. Since then they have 12 straight wins and are 5-0 in the Big Ten. They are still not a great team but it's a remarkable turnaround. Very entertaining to watch. It's almost like watching the movie "Hoosiers" (except not likely to be a championship at the end).

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Big 12 is tough

Now that football season is officially over, except for the Monday/Tuesday morning quarterbacking:rolleyes:

Kansas downs Texas:D Go Red Raiders:1:

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Where are all the NCAA hoops fans?

Bobby Knight got 799 last night; will 800 come Saturday at Texas A&M? Go Red Raiders! Go Jackets!!

If they ever play each other I'm not sure what I'll do;)

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Re: Where are all the NCAA hoops fans?

msu79gt82 said:
Bobby Knight got 799 last night; will 800 come Saturday at Texas A&M?
I was going to say "couldn't happen to a nicer guy" but that would be about as far from the truth as I could get.:D Certainly, he is a coaching legend. I am sure ESPN will be all over it.

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Coach Knight goes for 800 again

Surely Tech can beat Nebraska at home:rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Let's stir up a little controversy here

Florida could not hold onto the Number 1 spot for long:2: My motto is hate your local SEC school:1:

Big 12 over the SEC again. When it come to hoops I'm all ACC and Big 12; at least until Memphis gets decent again:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Sorry MDXXXX . . .

. . . that's 9 in a row for Lavin & Co.
All Ucla alums should put USC on their Xmas card mailing list this year, as the Trojans got rid of Toledo for you and Lavin is soon to follow . . . in all honesty, I hate to see Toledo & Lavin go, it's nice to have All-City braggin rights for gridiron & hoops in the same year . . . just don't steal Bibby away from us.

·
Registered
10,544 Posts
Re: Sorry MDXXXX . . .

socalJD said:
. . . that's 9 in a row for Lavin & Co.
All Ucla alums should put USC on their Xmas card mailing list this year, as the Trojans got rid of Toledo for you and Lavin is soon to follow . . . in all honesty, I hate to see Toledo & Lavin go, it's nice to have All-City braggin rights for gridiron & hoops in the same year . . . just don't steal Bibby away from us.
LOL Yeah, Yeah, Yeah :D I don't see Bibby going anywhere...;)

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Tech News

Well Texas Tech fell to #22 Missouri
But Georgia Tech beat #8 Maryland

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well it depends ...

My Money and my sons (two) go to Texas Tech:eek:

But I graduated from Georgia Tech:D

·
Registered
70 Posts
Kentucky seems to be the team to beat right now . Who do you think is going to win it all ?

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Memphis was on ESPN2 last night ...

... but the 1t half was not shown due to another ACC classic:
Wake over Duke in 2OT!! 8 players fouled out (5 - Duke and 3 -Wake):eek:

Memphis over Tulane in a 1 point game:1:

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
YES!!!

Memphis over #3 Louisville - sweet seems like old times.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Atlantic Coast Confrence

Last game for Steve Blake and Drew Nicholas. Hope they destroy Clemson just like they destroyed UNC 96-48:D

Go Terps!!!

Fear The Turtle...............

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Red Raiders down Ok St

Life is sweet. GT vs. Duke tomorrow.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts