Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Has anyone installed Naviks smartphone interface in MDX 2014 tech??
Can't find installing video for MDX??
Is it worth it?
TIA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
You can ask them for the install manual (PDF). They will send it. Example of it in operation on a 2016 MDX:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Does anyone have this that can share their experience? If you go wireless, will there be a delay in the sound? Our MDX, using bluetooth, there is quite a bit of delay between the video and the sound.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Does anyone have this that can share their experience? If you go wireless, will there be a delay in the sound? Our MDX, using bluetooth, there is quite a bit of delay between the video and the sound.

Same with my MDX too, delay of sound wen connected via Bluetooth.

·
Registered
391 Posts
also, with the hard wired option.

is there simultaneous charging while casting your cell phone's screen to the car's monitor?

·
Registered
97 Posts
I had naviks, it doesn't have built-in HDMI, once you connect their mirroring picture si all grainy. Get navtool, its made in USA and image is crystal clear. NavTool has built-in HDMI and its truly HD just like their website says. Its on Sale for $300.
Got any pictures you can post up of screen quality?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I had naviks, it doesn't have built-in HDMI, once you connect their mirroring picture si all grainy. Get navtool, its made in USA and image is crystal clear. NavTool has built-in HDMI and its truly HD just like their website says. Its on Sale for $300.

What Navtool u talking about??
Link please?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I just picked up the 2017 MDX. I have the Navtool on my 2012 TL and it's been working great. It is the older one that had component cables for the input (I used an old Apple iPhone 4 with 30 pin connector.)

I'd like to do this for my my MDX, but am hesitant since some of the threads said Navtool was taking forever to develop an interface for the MDX.

2 Questions:

Does one actually exist?
Is there an installation video like there was for my 2012 TL?

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
I just picked up the 2017 MDX. I have the Navtool on my 2012 TL and it's been working great. It is the older one that had component cables for the input (I used an old Apple iPhone 4 with 30 pin connector.)

I'd like to do this for my my MDX, but am hesitant since some of the threads said Navtool was taking forever to develop an interface for the MDX.

2 Questions:

Does one actually exist?
Is there an installation video like there was for my 2012 TL?
Yes, it exists. I am one of those people who canceled their order and had to use the CC's chargeback against them.
There is no installation video for the MDX. Here is an install by a TLX owner: Navtool install - AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

1 - 20 of 34 Posts