Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where to insert the update navigation DVD ?
I was told to use system DVD, and NOT the music DVD player, but I do not know where it is the system DVD to insert the update disk ?

·
Registered
2017 Acura MDX Tech FWD
2,066 Posts
Where to insert the update navigation DVD ?
I was told to use system DVD, and NOT the music DVD player, but I do not know where it is the system DVD to insert the update disk ?
Wherever you insert the CDs for music. There’s no other location.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: igeorge

·
Registered
2017 Acura MDX Tech FWD
2,066 Posts
Hello,
Thank you for reply, but does not work that way. In the update manual, it is marked:
View attachment 121225
(Do NOT USE DVD player slot)
This isn’t a 3rd gen Odyssey or a 2nd gen MDX. Not sure where you reading this false info, but there’s literally one place for map updates. I know this well bc I updated mine last summer.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This isn’t a 3rd gen Odyssey or a 2nd gen MDX. Not sure where you reading this false info, but there’s literally one place for map updates. I know this well bc I updated mine last summer.

I downloaded the user manual for DVD update. If info is wrong, I could not know.
My car, it is a 2016 tech package MDX.
Sorry for confusion.

·
Registered
2017 Acura MDX Tech FWD
2,066 Posts
Here it is the user manual for update and the compatibility of DVD
Yup. Whoever wrote it had their heads up the rear. There’s only one slot for CDs/DVDs, unless you have the RES.

·
Registered
2016 Acura MDX ADV ENT
529 Posts
Models with RES have both DVD player and CD player slots. So, if the instructions tell you to not use DVD player, then use the CD player slot which is on top the head unit near volume knob. Mine is 2016 ADV, I assume it is the same for other 3rd gen models as well.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Models with RES have both DVD player and CD player slots. So, if the instructions tell you to not use DVD player, then use the CD player slot which is on top the head unit near volume knob. Mine is 2016 ADV, I assume it is the same for other 3rd gen models as well.
Hello,
First, what is the model with RES ?
And if I remember correctly i have just one slot to put CD/DVD.
I mostly use the music stored on my phone (128 GB), so I do not put CD/DVD on the car.
I do not even remember how it is the layout.
I said, when I get the CD, I will put it in the only slot I have and see what it will happen.
Thank you for help and suggestions.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just be aware, it has been reported that the car needs to be running, and it can take up to an hour or more to load. So plan on a long drive.
Thank you,
I read that. And it said in the manual 45 minutes for system update. But also said do not drive ???

Font Cameras & optics Gadget Multimedia Audio equipment

Mammal Font Rectangle Circle Art

At one point it will ask for password.
What password and where to get it ? Does it come with the CDs ?

·
Registered
2017 Acura MDX Tech FWD
2,066 Posts
Thank you,
I read that. And it said in the manual 45 minutes for system update. But also said do not drive ???

View attachment 121237

View attachment 121236
At one point it will ask for password.
What password and where to get it ? Does it come with the CDs ?
If I were you, I’d do the complete opposite of what that manual is saying. Its confusing you more than necessary. So my suggestion is stop using that PITA manual and throw it in the recycle bin. Ask us all the questions you need or have. This forum will better help you than that manual.

Are you okay with idling your MDX that long without being in the vehicle? If so, do you live in a safe neighborhood? How bad is the auto theft in your area? Or in general, how is the crime there? Take all these into consideration IF you can’t justify a long road trip.

Its better to get the family all rounded up and take them for a long drive for 4th of July (if you live in the USA). It’ll help justify the updates.

Password is given through a paper slip that is mailed with the update discs. Make sure you keep everything together (don’t be like me where I asked my fam to bring the discs not knowing about the password).

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
If I were you, I’d do the complete opposite of what that manual is saying. Its confusing you more than necessary. So my suggestion is stop using that PITA manual and throw it in the recycle bin. Ask us all the questions you need or have. This forum will better help you than that manual.

Are you okay with idling your MDX that long without being in the vehicle? If so, do you live in a safe neighborhood? How bad is the auto theft in your area? Or in general, how is the crime there? Take all these into consideration IF you can’t justify a long road trip.

Its better to get the family all rounded up and take them for a long drive for 4th of July (if you live in the USA). It’ll help justify the updates.

Password is given through a paper slip that is mailed with the update discs. Make sure you keep everything together (don’t be like me where I asked my fam to bring the discs not knowing about the password).

Thank you.
I will follow your advice.
Where I live, it is a very bad area for car owners.
From beginning of the year until now, 800 cars stolen. The city is Mississauga, in Ontario, Canada.
No way to leave the car idle.
Probably I will drive to my son, to Ottawa. 4.5 hours drive.
Thank you, password tip.
When I get it, I will make a trip.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts