Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Is anyone knows if I could install an original navigation unit instead of blue display, or it's require the whole rewiring and simply not worth it. or mpossible to do. The reason I asking because I can get relatively cheap an original navigation system.

Thanks.

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
You may want to do some searches on here on the same subject. It's not impossible, but very difficult, and not worth it considering the decent after-market systems out there.
I am not aware of anyone that has successfully done the transplant of a Navi to a non-Navi MDX.

Even the on the lower end of the price list, the Garmin Street-Pilot III is very capable, and is also portable, so you can use it between cars, or on it's on.
The display is on the small side, but overall is quite the bargain for under $800.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I really wish I would have invested in the Nav. My purchase was a bit unique in that someone backed out and I got a call.

If you find out anything let me know. Also, how do you get one? From the dealer?

·
Registered
144 Posts
True on the price, but there is someting to be said about a factory nav unit. The street pilot's are nice, but the display is small and harder to use when driving then the factory Acura Unit. (IMHO)

If I didn't have the navi and had a "cheap" way to get a facory one, I would do it, rather than spend the $700 on the portable street pilot. and BTW, there are GPS Navi's for palm pilots out there that have a bigger screen than the garmin and are more updateable...

·
Registered
452 Posts
With the high resale values and depending how much you got yours for and what kind of deal you can get on a new one + the cost of driving yours it will probably be cheaper to get an 03 with navi than try to upgrade the unit. Keep in mind that an add on will probably decrease the value over one without it.

Chris

1 - 5 of 5 Posts