Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am noticing and comparing to google maps that the travel times are off by about 15 minutes. I have the green traffic indicator on, but seems that it isn't taking traffic into account for travel times. Come to think about it, seems that it doesn't try to reroute me when traffic is ahead.

Any thoughts on what I should check?

Thanks

This is a 2016 MDX Advanced and I am in California.

·
Registered
254 Posts
My experience is the MDX is close to Google and Waze as long as it is assuming the same route. Is yours 15 minutes regardless of length of trip? In my case, coming home from the south they use different exits which makes the difference consistent whether returning from LA or San Jose.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Is it a matter of the speeds set for diff roads that it is calculated off of? I haven't looked into it on the MDX, but my old Sync system in my previous car, a ford edge, it had default speeds set in navigation (i.e. hwy - 55mph, rural road - 25mph). I was always faster than estimated drive time because of this(little heavy on the pedal on occasion), so i went in and adjusted the default speeds.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My experience is the MDX is close to Google and Waze as long as it is assuming the same route. Is yours 15 minutes regardless of length of trip? In my case, coming home from the south they use different exits which makes the difference consistent whether returning from LA or San Jose.
I thought the same first, but seems to be the same routes, just really think it is the traffic, but will double check one more time.

·
Registered
63 Posts
This thread interests me a lot, as my experience with 16 months of my 14 tech is that the nav does not take into account traffic either. I have yet to have my system give me close to google or reroute me either. I asked client relations and was told "it takes 10-15 minutes for the car to take into consideration the traffic". I just went huh? If anyone has an answer or better excuse, I'd like to hear it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Traffic inconsideration

I'll concur here -- my 2016 MDX/Tech drove me right into a traffic jam yesterday. As I sat in the line, I turned on Waze, which easily routed me around it -- just needed to go to the next exit on the Interstate. Has anyone ever seen the navigation reroute you while underway?

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
I'll concur here -- my 2016 MDX/Tech drove me right into a traffic jam yesterday. As I sat in the line, I turned on Waze, which easily routed me around it -- just needed to go to the next exit on the Interstate. Has anyone ever seen the navigation reroute you while underway?
The only time my navi or traffic warns/reroutes is when I'm using navi system to a destination. No destination, the system only know where you were and are; not where you are going to reroute and/or weather warn. Kinda sucks because I've gotten stuck in jams to/from work and it was too late to avoid. Too much of a pain in the ass to activate the navi twice a day compared to sitting 1-2 times a month in a traffic jam.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
The only time my navi or traffic warns/reroutes is when I'm using navi system to a destination. No destination, the system only know where you were and are; not where you are going to reroute and/or weather warn. Kinda sucks because I've gotten stuck in jams to/from work and it was too late to avoid. Too much of a pain in the ass to activate the navi twice a day compared to sitting 1-2 times a month in a traffic jam.
It's really too much to tell the Nav system previous destination? Beside if you go to traffic,it tells you traffic in your area.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts