Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has been very cold in Chicago and I don't know if it caused electronics to malfunction.

I started up my 5.5 year old 2014 MDX and the navigation system screen was a light blue with nothing on it. I waited about 10 minutes and nothing changed. I put in a previous address and the system populated normally, cancelled the destination and the regular map came up.

That was the first time that has happened to me. It has been fine since then, but was wondering if anyone has experienced this or if this is an indication I have an issue with my electrical system in the car.

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
It has been very cold in Chicago and I don't know if it caused electronics to malfunction.

I started up my 5.5 year old 2014 MDX and the navigation system screen was a light blue with nothing on it. I waited about 10 minutes and nothing changed. I put in a previous address and the system populated normally, cancelled the destination and the regular map came up.

That was the first time that has happened to me. It has been fine since then, but was wondering if anyone has experienced this or if this is an indication I have an issue with my electrical system in the car.
Things happen sometimes with computers. It’s not really a problem until it continues.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Things happen sometimes with computers. It’s not really a problem until it continues.
Yep. Ever have a phone or computer glitch that needed a re-start to correct or didn't boot up correctly when powered up? Same thing and only an issue if it continues. I've had the GPS shut down on me while driving and wouldn't start up again until I pulled over and cycled the ignition. 2016 Ford Explorer and happened 2-3 times in 110K miles.

·
Registered
1 Posts
It happens to me sometimes when my MDX is put on reserved camera and back to Navigation screen. You can just try to turn the screen to other mode, like phone or audio. And then, change back to navigation without turning off engine. Hope it helps :)

·
Registered
548 Posts
LED/LCD screens this is very common in cold weather. Usually once they warm up you can restart the item and it will be fine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts