Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a problem with the MDX Navigation system? We have been experiencing problems where the navigation doesn't register our correct location, and says "we're not on a road". This never happened with our old MDX.

We've taken it to the dealer twice and the problem can't seem to get fixed. Suggestions welcome.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Does anyone have a problem with the MDX Navigation system? We have been experiencing problems where the navigation doesn't register our correct location, and says "we're not on a road". This never happened with our old MDX.

We've taken it to the dealer twice and the problem can't seem to get fixed. Suggestions welcome.
I've had my 2017 tech AWD for about 7 months now and I think I can fix this for you: use your phone instead. After several trips back to the dealer and a personal "tutorial" with their best salesman on the Infotainment system, I have determined it is essentially a waste. Bummer, because the vehicle is otherwise very nice. I should have paid closer attention when test driving.

...and to be more direct, yes, mine shows me the same issues regarding not on a road from time to time. can't enter an address until it "finds" itself.

Good luck.

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
I've had my 2017 tech AWD for about 7 months now and I think I can fix this for you: use your phone instead. After several trips back to the dealer and a personal "tutorial" with their best salesman on the Infotainment system, I have determined it is essentially a waste. Bummer, because the vehicle is otherwise very nice. I should have paid closer attention when test driving.

...and to be more direct, yes, mine shows me the same issues regarding not on a road from time to time. can't enter an address until it "finds" itself.

Good luck.
Buy a Garmin.

·
Registered
94 Posts
MDX NAV does need upgrade compared to other cars so I use my phone instead.
If people are using their phones anyways for navigation, then why bother with a tech package? Aside from the navigation, it only adds minor features like power-folding mirrors and blind spot. Unless you consider the remote-start to be worth the 4 grand upgrade.

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
If people are using their phones anyways for navigation, then why bother with a tech package? Aside from the navigation, it only adds minor features like power-folding mirrors and blind spot. Unless you consider the remote-start to be worth the 4 grand upgrade.
I think the audio system is different. Also the comfort opening is on all 4 doors.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks to all - however, it's terrible that the solution many of you have is to use an alternate device. After spending 45K+, I expect more from the car.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Contact Acura Customer Relations. It can't hurt, and the more they hear owners *****ing about their infotainment systems, the more likely that they will do something about them.

·
Registered
837 Posts

Mine does that once in awhile but once it gets a lock on satellites, it self corrects.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Buy a Garmin.
What useless advice. Why bother wasting bandwidth? I started buying Garmins for my car 17 years ago when they were gray scale and cost $1,700 vs $5,000 for an in car option. Once the cost of in car navigation became reasonable I always bought.

Built in navigation is the only way to go. Calling in to Acuralink and having them program an address into your GPS while you are driving is far superior than using a pedestrian Garmin product.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Calling in to Acuralink and having them program an address into your GPS while you are driving is far superior than using a pedestrian Garmin product.
I've also grown fond of the maps in the AL App. Much easier to use than what Ford uses, quicker to input in the car since it auto downloads too.

·
Registered
837 Posts

I am pretty certain I have seen a menu item in the GPS settings to manually set your location for synchronization. If you can't find it. let me know and I will find it for you.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts