Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm hunting an MDX right now and still toying with the idea to get navigation or not. I drive primarily in New England. Mostly VT, CT, ME, will some trips to NYC and Boston.

Does Navigation have good coverage in Vermont? I am there a lot in the Winter months. How about Maine. I have heard the coverage there is weak. :)

·
Registered
179 Posts
MDXHunter,

You are correct in assuming the Nav is weak in Maine. I am patiently awaiting the fall update, which I am led to believe will correct this.

I'm in the Mid-Coast (Rockland area) and it is practically non-existant. I think there are two streets out of 200 plus listed. Roads, I thought were major ones, I see breadcrumbs.

From my experience the Nav will get you to most towns, but good luck finding anything in that town.

Route 295 through Portland exists, but the computer won't route you ever on it. It would rather take you 50 miles north and then back to get to the next town.

I mainly use mine when venturing down to Mass.

If you can hold out till fall and believe what Acura tells us, then it should be worth it.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
I called the Acura Nav people and asked about the coverage in the Northern New England states. They acnowledged the lack of coverage, but were very unresponsive to my question about the next upgrade. I was told they still did not know if the coverage would be beefed up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts