Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I go about getting a new updated DVD? Some of the new cities, etc in my area are not on my navigation.

I bought my X in April, so I'm not sure what version I have right now. Or if it's the newest version.?

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
You likely have 2.05. A 2.06 apparently was just released.
I would hold off for now. Those disks run about $150 each.
There is talk about upgrading some software, or even memory in the existing player to accommodate a new double density DVD planned for future models. Do some searches on here regarding navi, etc.
Most of us have 2.05 and someone just picked up an X and it had 2.06. I would wait until this all settles out. Hopefully by the year's end.
BTW there is never a guarantee you will get all the coverage you desire with the 'next edition'.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I just picked up my MDX recently (last week). I think the build date was August 22. I got the 2.06 version. Couldn't see too much difference from the 2.05 compared to my friends TL.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Navigation Update?

Does anyone know if the navigation update with the detailed map coverage for all of the U.S. has been released yet?

·
Registered
96 Posts
DVD update

My 01 MDX Touring/Navi is using v 2.03... have been awaiting 2.06 but on website, still showing 2.05 as latest revision. Do you people think there will be much improvement - (more coverage) in 2.06, (when available), than 2.03... most of my driving is now in the South, (Florida).
Thanks!

·
Registered
449 Posts
Re: DVD update

gasman said:
My 01 MDX Touring/Navi is using v 2.03... have been awaiting 2.06 but on website, still showing 2.05 as latest revision. Do you people think there will be much improvement - (more coverage) in 2.06, (when available), than 2.03... most of my driving is now in the South, (Florida).
Thanks!
I just went to the Honda Website, and they are now selling the version 2.06 there instead of the 2.05 on the Acura Websited. I personally have the 2.06.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Version 2.06 does not have increased coverage but the screen inverting to black with breadcrumbs enabled problem is corrected?

That is my understanding, I have been wrong before however. If that is the case it would not make sense for anyone to upgrade to 2.06 from 2.05. The dealers can now fix the inversion problem for free under the warranty.

Still waiting for the new considerably increased mapping upgrade that is now due out this spring.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I am anxiously awaiting the extra detailed coverage. I thought this was due out in October of this year..... If anyone hears of its release, please tell! :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts