Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My navigation DVD unit was not displaying anything on the screen (see other threads if interested), but I also noticed that the Nav disc in my unit says it's for 05/06 models (1st Gen), but I have a 2009 (2nd Gen). That got me curious...

So, long story short, I was worried someone may have put an old Nav unit in my car, so I removed it and see there's a sticker placed over the original model sticker. Is this normal?? The A430-M1 is correct for the 2009 MDXs but it looks konda sketchy (see photo), like the REAL model # is under it.

Is this typical? Do others have it over like this? Wondering if this really is was pulled from an 05 or 06 unit. Gonna try to carefully take the top sticker off when I get home to see what's underneath it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
869 Posts
My navigation DVD unit was not displaying anything on the screen (see other threads if interested), but I also noticed that the Nav disc in my unit says it's for 05/06 models (1st Gen), but I have a 2009 (2nd Gen). That got me curious...

So, long story short, I was worried someone may have put an old Nav unit in my car, so I removed it and see there's a sticker placed over the original model sticker. Is this normal?? The A430-M1 is correct for the 2009 MDXs but it looks konda sketchy (see photo), like the REAL model # is under it.

Is this typical? Do others have it over like this? Wondering if this really is was pulled from an 05 or 06 unit. Gonna try to carefully take the top sticker off when I get home to see what's underneath it.

The unit may be refurbished. Dunno why the disc is a mismatch, or whether that is the source of the problem. Have you tried cleaning the lens in the unit? A bit of lens cleaner or isopropanol ( rubbing alcohol ) on a Q-tip might help, and it doesn't sound like you have much to lose.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The unit may be refurbished. Dunno why the disc is a mismatch, or whether that is the source of the problem. Have you tried cleaning the lens in the unit? A bit of lens cleaner or isopropanol ( rubbing alcohol ) on a Q-tip might help, and it doesn't sound like you have much to lose.
Do you open the unit up and do that manually, or do you get one of those cleaner CDs with a brush on it and insert that?

·
Registered
869 Posts
Do you open the unit up and do that manually, or do you get one of those cleaner CDs with a brush on it and insert that?

Either way. If you can still find one of those brushed CD's that should do it.

But this may be a low yield effort. The problem could be in the wiring harness, the unit, or the display screen.

Does the display screen show anything at all?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Either way. If you can still find one of those brushed CD's that should do it.

But this may be a low yield effort. The problem could be in the wiring harness, the unit, or the display screen.

Does the display screen show anything at all?
The screens backlight still shows. Glows at night, but no text or images ever appear.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts