Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 Acura MDX with a nav system. I recently (2 weeks ago) decided to update the system. Ordered the disk from the authorized distributor NavTec (v.4.92) and when I tried to load it, the system would only keep loading and never finish. The Acura dealer told me to try a "hard-start" ("disconnect the battery and touch the + & - together-let it set for 15 min. and reconnect"), which didn't fix the problem. I re-ordered another disk (thinking that maybe I received a bad one) but this time it didn't attempt to load, only leaving me with: "Please check your disk". My old disk (v.4.55) will not load so I am left with nothing on the screen (no back-up camera, A/C control, or anything controlled from the screen). Dealer claims the drive unit alone costs $3400 but will only charge me 50% to get back to whole.
I have removed the unit from under the passenger seat to get the P/N (39540-s3v-a610-m1) and serial no. (ELB26005651) and, at this point, I don't know what should be my next step?
"Looking for help in all the wrong places"
Gsmith

·
Registered
76 Posts
I am unclear about what you have written about the technique of the "hard start" and the reason for doing such. I would be grateful if you could amplify what you have written.

Thanks,
Ken K

1 - 2 of 2 Posts