Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
If you have the serial number from the unit, then you did the work for them. Normally, they'd charge you some labor to remove the unit(s) to read that number.

Take the serial number, and proof of ownership (registration or title with your name on it along with a form of ID) to the dealer and have them look up the code using the Honda network.

·
Registered
452 Posts
I stored my Navi and Radio codes on my cellphone's directory, no more pumbling around when i need them!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Thanks for the help from those who did!

Thank you to those for the help. The acura finally got the codes for me; after paying $81 for the code. And than you for those who have provided their codes for me to try on omy navi system. This issue has been resolved!

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Re: Thanks for the help from those who did!

travisk808 said:
..... The acura finally got the codes for me; after paying $81 for the code.....
Darn!:3:

That does not seem right to me for them to charge for giving you the code.

·
Registered
1 Posts
If you give them the serial number and that type of info to the dealer they can find you the code ...I had to do that and did get the code from the dealer ...then you need a five digit code for the radio ... GPS is 4 numbers ... then you will have to let it find a signal before you set the radio.

·
Registered
1 Posts
easy fix

So I read through this thread trying to find a way to find the code and could not find any numbers anywhere in my car. I called different acura dealers and they said I needed to bring the car in. Then one receptionist, after telling me I needed to bring the car in, gave me a number to call. I'm not sure why nobody gave it to me previously, but it took the guy about 5 minutes to help me get the code. It would have saved me so much time had I know. Anyways, I was so relieved not to have to take my car in and to have such an easy fix, I thought I should share it. The number was 1800 382 2238
He asked for my serial # to the navigation code, which I didn't know since I couldn't seem to find any #'s in the car. He then had me turn the car on, walked me through a few steps using the screen and gave me the code. Save yourself some headache and start here. Hopefully, it is as useful a solution for you as it was for me!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does anyone have any insight into this problem???

Had to replace my battery. After hooking up the new battery I had to enter a 5 digit code into the radio. No problem. HOWEVER, I never got any prompt to enter the 4 digit code into the navigation system. The navigation system works fine, but I am not able to set the time on the unit. It will only display 0:00 with the colon flashing. I stepped through the menu screens to get to the clock screen, but pressing the Hour+, Hour-, Minute+, or Minute- have absolutely no effect on changing the time.

The car in question is a 2003 Acura CL Type S with manual transmission. I know this is the MDX forum but the CL forums don't have too much traffic . . .

Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks . . .

21 - 31 of 31 Posts