Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I was talking with two customers earlier today who happen to have various model years of MDX...one has a 2007, the other a 2010...since I can now converse (somewhat) with them with regards to owning a 2G, they both brought up something which I too have found frustrating - that the navigation does not read out street names, but instead says "turn left" or "turn right at next street". I just chalked it up to an older nav system, but I decided to break out my navigation book while I was eating my sandwich at lunch (in the car), and I found something that I tried, and lo and behold, the navigation system can read street names, but it is a trade off. On the Canadian navigation manual, it is on page 78, but I suspect the US one has something similar. You have to change the guidance prompts to MAX (default is normal).

I say it is a tradeoff, because now you have the expressionless woman speaking even more often than you would want to before (my kids call her Ms. Zombie). She will read out the names twice, once from further away, once when closer, but when you get to the actual street, you will hear the strandard "turn right". I tried it out and it does indeed work!

·
Registered
252 Posts
I have the 2013 Tech Canadian version and it does not have that feature. I didn't know it existed until you posted, Jeremy, so I looked at the .pdf version of the manual and found it. When I went to my car, however, the option was not there. Sure enough, it is not in the paper version of the manual either. It must be yet another feature that is on the super duper model but not on the tech or base. The online manual is terrible as it does not indicate which features are installed on which models.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts