Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2002 MDX/Touring with NAV. It recently blacked out totally! Had to find a dealer while I was 1400 miles from home to try and fix the problem. After resetting the system, it came back on, but at times the colors darkened on the system and then returned eventually to their normal color.
According to Gillman here in Houston, it is a software glitch caused by those "cookies" you add when you are on an uncharted road. They asked me to turn these off and Voila! no more problems.
The issue I have is I like those "breadcrumbs" and want to have the NAV fixed instead of fixing the problem by turning off a function...
Has anyone else had this problem? If so, how did your dealers handle it?

Thanks,

Yroman

·
Registered
570 Posts
YES. I have. I took it to the local dealer here, & of course they have never seen it.(the black problem) They reset it, test drove it, said it looks fine. I then mentioned that if you turn on the "Off road tracking", it starts going "black" background again. Do a search in the problems forum for black screen navi. You'll find lots of comments about it. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
452 Posts
Get in line. We are all waiting for the next update of the Navi disk. If it does not fix the problem we will form an all hands assualt on Acura.

PS this was only supposed to be an issue on 2001's. The copy of the Techline entry seemed not to point to the 2002's. It's also on 2.05 release. The 2.03 and 2.04 disks did not have this problem.

Chris

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Same problem here. Have version 2.05E. Was told also that the next upgrade should fix this problem. I think that upgrade should be free if it is necessary to fix a known problem.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Ditto

Same problem, same fix...sounds like they're draggin' us along. Probably make us pay for the new DVD too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts