Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

Navi Video Inversion -- Fix Is Available

2K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  srpbep 
#1 ·
Picked our X up last night from dealer service department. Main reasons it was in were:

** Broken sway bar link. :3: This was fixed. :5:

** ATF was muddy brown after only 7,500 miles. :1zhelp: 1st response from dealer was that this was normal. :3: I pushed the dealer and told them to put it in writing. They called Techline. :) Techline said that this is NOT correct at such low miles. Techline told them do 3x flush and monitor ATF color. Techline says we may have a bad tranny.

Anyway, while it was in the shop, they installed the "long awaited, promised, video inversion fix" which they received from Acura on Tuesday 10/15, just hours before the X was picked up. :5:

Our Nav system now shows "Software Version 2.060". If I am not mistaken, it was Version 2.05? when I took it in [sorry, didn't write down the old number]. I re-enabled bread crumbs but didn't have the opportunity to test it out. Soooo, for those who care:

** The fix is now available.

** Don't know if it really works.

** Don't know if causes any new problems.

Enjoy ... Steven

See less See more
#2 ·
Nav System Inversion

Great information, you got it before my dealer in Bellevue WA! He was going to replace the complete system not just the DVD. What does the new software have-I saw somewhere it now has 7 million items of interest, or is someone pulling my leg;-)
John Macfarlane
Silver MDX w/nav WA plate "MACURA"

#4 ·
Just Fix or New Disk

The upgrade to 2.060 is simply a "software update" (NOT a new DVD :( ).

That is not the answer that I would have preferred BUT a fix for a problem is better than a kick in the arse.

#5 ·
Machog,

This is simply a "software code fix" to correct the video inversion bug. As far as I know, the next DVD release is not out yet.

I don't know if anyone has figured out whether what percent, if any, of the "new Navi stuff" (e.g. 3-D, faster compute, etc) will be available for the "old MDXs" (e.g. 01/02 family). But you did give me a great idea, I'll try PMing Jamie S, maybe he knows or can find out!!!

#6 ·
Tx to all for the update. Had the new patch put in today and you are all correct, fixes the patch nothing else ;-(. Was quoted about $200 for the new DVD, but going to leave it for 12 months or so. Only been to one place it didn't know just outside Hillsboro OR.

#7 ·
Machog wrote:
Tx to all for the update. Had the new patch put in today and you are all correct, fixes the patch nothing else ;-(. Was quoted about $200 for the new DVD, but going to leave it for 12 months or so. Only been to one place it didn't know just outside Hillsboro OR.
Machog,

The quote of $200.00 is VERY INTERESTING, where did you get the quote?

Currently, there is NO new DVD available that I am aware of. The Acura web site still lists Version 2.05b ( 09/01/2001 ) as the current version.

Additionally, the price quoted by Acura on the web site is $152.00. Wonder why you were quoted $200.00. Was this a dealer just trying to pick up $48.00 by simply ordering it for you?

Hmmmmmm

#8 ·
Hi Srpbep:

___$50.00 for getting into the service menu, eject the disc, insert the disk, reboot … Maybe $700/hr for this service I would guess ;)

___In either case, I am glad they have a fix for those that own the 01/02 NAVI’s while using the bread crumb feature.

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___Waynegerdes@earthlink.net

#9 ·
Probably just throwing a number out!
Patch is 2.060 I think and in the 50 or so miles I have done since it was done its 100%. Compared with going black about every 10-15 minutes when you come to a junction.
Stealer did say that the do not sell the latest DVD, that it has to be purhcased from the web site. If that's the case, we should all chip in for one, make copies and send them out-sort of Acura Club discount;-)

#10 ·
Machog,

Was your choice of the word "Stealer":

** A simple typo.

** Intentional (if so, :29: )

** A freudian slip ( if so, :( )

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.