Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quck question guys! A month ago I purchased the 2016 Navi disc now I'l be trading my MDX tomorrow my question is can I put the old disc back in my mdx? I would like to keep the 2016 version disc to use it in my TSX. Please anyone know this for sure I dont know to play with this and do something wrong or have any problem.
TIA!!

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
If you put an earlier DVD in it will not work unless the dealer makes the software go back to an earlier version. Whether they care about this fact with trade in is the question.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
It also depends on the year of the MDX and TSX. Do either one have the hard-drive for music and navi or CD-ROM readers for navi only? My 06 TSX/08 RDX use the CD-ROM navi system and the map update disk is the same for both. My 11 MDX has the hard-drive navi system and I needed the database version, VIN, and navi SN to submit in return for a passcode to enter before loading the disk.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I guess I'll have to let the disc go and keep my old one in the TSX. My MDX is a 07 as well my TSX so they will require the software or whatever the dealer do.

thanks guys!!!

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
You can always wait after Nov/16 when the new 2017 update disk come out. You might be able to get the 2016 disk on eBay for 1/2 -2/3 off. This is what I do when I update every 2nd or 3rd year for my TSX and RDX. It is just a waste of money to update the navi database every year.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Quck question guys! A month ago I purchased the 2016 Navi disc now I'l be trading my MDX tomorrow my question is can I put the old disc back in my mdx? I would like to keep the 2016 version disc to use it in my TSX. Please anyone know this for sure I dont know to play with this and do something wrong or have any problem.
TIA!!
You can force the dvd readers to go to a previous version by going into the secret menu. Hold Menu for 5 seconds, go to version then download with the old disk in the dvd drive.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I did this for my 2004 and 2008 after installing the newer version, just to see whether the original disc contents can be reloaded. Hold MENU + MAP + CANCEL. And then in the diagnostic menus, there is a version button (bottom right if I remember right). Then there is a LOAD SOFTWARE OR LOAD DISC option. Make sure your older version is in the drive and then click it. That will reload the older version and wipe out the newer version.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts