Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lately I've been trying to use the NAV voice commands. Some of them are a bit quirky, like that fact that you can't use the What Time Is It command from every screen (only the map). And other screens you can't get to using voice commands (Trip Computer, AC, etc.). Hopefully some of these issues will be corrected in a future upgrade.

Anyway, here's my question; what does the Stop Recognition command to?

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Ive noticed the same thing with some of the voice commands. When I press the AC/Info button, the back of the manual says I can use Trip Computer as a command but it just brings up the setup (yes - ive tried this command when there is no one else in the car and have the radio and climate control off). The stop recognition means the computer didnt hear a command from you and it informing you that its stopping recognition.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Maybe I'm wrong but I think Arzoo was asking about
a voice command "stop recognition".
In other words, what happens
when a driver says "stop recognition"?

One funny thing I did was, on a map display, I asked
"What time did you have lunch?"
and she replied, "It is 10:30 AM". :p

I thought all of the audio goes mute automatically
when you press the voice command button on the wheel,
doesn't it, jswift2000?

:confused:

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
I guess I was confused about the initial question. I didnt even know there was a stop voice recognition voice command!!! :D LOL!!! I thought when you press the talk button all the radio mutes and the nav waits three seconds before it will spit back voice commands. I think its funny when you ask for one thing and it spits back another. Isnt technology wonderful? :3:

·
Registered
32 Posts
I was demonstrating the nav system to a friend yesterday, and after a few legitimate transactions, to show how the system handles unknown commands, I asked, "How can I find true love?". The Voice promptly answered, "Go to the nearest hotel or motel."

Pretty low moral standards, Acura!

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
LOL!!!:2:

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
xlargebee said:
Maybe I'm wrong but I think Arzoo was asking about
a voice command "stop recognition".
In other words, what happens
when a driver says "stop recognition"?
That's correct, I was referring to the "stop recognition" voice command.

But while we're on the subject of "What Time Is It", that's got to be one of the my biggest gripes about the NAV. It has a clock that's synced up with GPS, but you can only use it with a voice command, how stupid is that! :3: Why can't I display the GPS clock? '01 and '02 owners can do that.

·
Registered
128 Posts
tangible said:
I was demonstrating the nav system to a friend yesterday, and after a few legitimate transactions, to show how the system handles unknown commands, I asked, "How can I find true love?". The Voice promptly answered, "Go to the nearest hotel or motel."

You are kidding, right? :eek:

I should try it today! :D

·
Registered
128 Posts
Arzoo said:
Why can't I display the GPS clock? '01 and '02 owners can do that.
Oh, shoot, I didn't know that!
Hmm, it could have been nice, but why did they remove it?

·
Registered
326 Posts
xlargebee said:

I believe because the 03's now have the clock displsyed on the radio. Previously, there was no clock on the radio, as I understand it, so they "had" to display the clock on the nav screen.

Personally, I'd like to be able to display the clock on the nav because you know it will always be right since it's getting the time from the GPS satellites! Right now, the clock displsyed on my radio is about a minute out of sync with the clock on my GPS system. :( If I was more anal, this would drive me crazy!:3: :2:

·
Registered
326 Posts
xlargebee said:

I believe it's because the 03's now have the clock displayed on the radio. Previously, as I understand it, there was no clock on the radio so the clock "had" to be displayed on the nav screen.

Personally, I'd like to have the option to display the GPS clock on the nav because you know it will always be right since it's getting the time from the GPS satellites! Right now, my clock displayed on my radio is about a minute out of sync with the clock on my GPS system. :( If I was more anal, this would drive me crazy!:3:

Here's a question, is there any way to sync of the clock on the radio with the GPS/Nav clock?! :confused:

·
Registered
453 Posts
I've tried and succeeded sort of. If you hold down the menu, map, and cancel buttons in that order and hold them for about 3 seconds, you'll be taken to the navigation info screen.

From there, go to I believe "GPS info" (the far top right choice), where you can find out how many satellites are tracking your car, etc. Anyway, the GPS clock also lyes in here, and shows the hours, minutes, and seconds.

So I got my radio clock ready, and changed the minute of the hour RIGHT when the GPS clock turned over.

But to get to the GPS clock, you must first press the screen buttons and hold them. I wish it didn't have to be so confusing.

·
Registered
128 Posts
MDX4now said:
From there, go to I believe "GPS info" (the far top right choice), where you can find out how many satellites are tracking your car, etc. Anyway, the GPS clock also lyes in here, and shows the hours, minutes, and seconds.
that's cool!
this isn't in the manual, is it? :eek:
i can't wait to try it for myself!

·
Registered
326 Posts
MDX4now said:
I've tried and succeeded sort of. If you hold down the menu, map, and cancel buttons in that order and hold them for about 3 seconds, you'll be taken to the navigation info screen.

So I got my radio clock ready, and changed the minute of the hour RIGHT when the GPS clock turned over.

But to get to the GPS clock, you must first press the screen buttons and hold them. I wish it didn't have to be so confusing.
Wow! How did you figure that one out?! :6:
I feel like a kid again with a new "cheat" to a video game . . . I can't wait to try it! :2:

·
Registered
326 Posts
Hey MDX4now, I just tried it and it works! :4:

Now the anal retentive part of me is happy since my clocks are synchronized (and accurate). :2:

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
tangible said:

Driving to lunch today with friends, they insisted I try "Display Nearest Adult World". The NAV responded; "Display Hotel or Motel". That seems about right!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts