Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have the 2.04 version of the Nav system.
Which has very poor coverage for the ME, VT, and NH states.

Does anyone know when a new Nav version will be released?

Thanks,

Dan

·
Registered
74 Posts
I believe they are released in September:)

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Thats correct, they come out in September, however the most current version is 2.05, released last fall. 2.04 was released in mid year, during 2001.
I am also very dissapointed in the lack of coverage in NH & Maine.

Dan, if you took delivery of your MDX in 2002, I would insist that your dealer provide you with version 2.05 immediately.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
"New" MDX is a used 2001 Touring with Nav with 11k miles on it. That explains the 2.04

·
Registered
617 Posts
Just to clarify that Version 2.04 or 2.05 is a software version of the Nav System. It has nothing to do with the map. You can upgrade with the dealer from 2.04 to 2.05 for free and don't believe them when they say they only have one DVD circulating in US so you have to wait. As long as there is one MDX in the lot with a newer version, they can upgrade from that system.

(Map)Coverage is the Database, that is run by the software(2.04 or 2.05). For the newer version of the database which is the DVD, you have to pay.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Is there any website to view the state by state coverage. Something like a Celluar coverage map?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Here is the Acura Nav link providing "online ordering", "faq's", "coverage areas" and "customer service"-

Acura Nav Link

1 - 9 of 9 Posts