Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know at what time of the year the NAV updates are issued? Does it coincide with the calendar year or the vehicle year?

·
Registered
9 Posts
NAVI

I was told by the dealer that they expect the next version in the fall, probably October. The NAVI manual also states that updated versions are expected each fall. So, it is probably timed to come out with the new model year.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Re: NAVI

Hookey said:
I was told by the dealer that they expect the next version in the fall, probably October. The NAVI manual also states that updated versions are expected each fall. So, it is probably timed to come out with the new model year.
An update came out a month or so ago, but supposedly it was a very minor update, including no new roads, or updates to roads. It was to fix some minor software glitch.

If there is another update this year, the big question is: What's covered now that wasn't before? And how much still remains un mapped......

·
Registered
681 Posts
I heard or read that there is a website we can go to in order to see what are the changes comparing to our old version. This will help decide if we want to buy the update. Anybody knows the url?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I was cruising odyclub.com and came across a thread about V2.05. According to what they are saying, there is a 235 page PDF file which list all the cities with detail map with about 150 cities per page, that's around 35,000 cities. This is v 2.05 and on sale at the following link for $152.00
https://esales1.alpine-usa.com/dos/acura/dvdrom.htm

·
Registered
681 Posts
Hi lausy,

I believe version 2.05 is the one I got delivered with the 'DX in Early June 01. Do you have the URL to get to that document you mentioned above?

Thanks,

·
Registered
228 Posts
tdnone,
I don't have a URL but if you check www.odyclub.com under the audio,video,navigatioin section, you'll find a thread titled version 2.05 has been released, that's where I found the info. But when I looked again today, there's a new thread, "I just received my 2.05", that person seems to be pretty disappointed in the new software.

·
Registered
452 Posts
As was posted on a earlier thread here 2.05 was just a maintenance release for the speed factor. No new data. Next month should show us the new release with data.

Chris

·
Registered
26 Posts
NAV UPDATE DUE IN OCTOBER!

The new DVD will be avialable in Oct and can be ordered from Alpine 800 382-2238

·
Registered
925 Posts
OK, does any one know what the new version is (2.06?) and what new areas it covers?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The Version 2.05 is already out early. This is an update on cities not software. If you're from Maine this means a major increase in points covered since version 2.03 (Feb 2001 MDX), but not complete coverage yet for the state. According to Acura there is not another version coming out this year. To order by phone, call (888) 549-3798. They have already shipped out all they had and awaiting another shipment next week.

·
Registered
925 Posts
mystMDX,

That was the longest post I've ever seen. But thanks for the info on the new release.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
here's how......

navybean said:
How do you know what version you have in your car?
I'm not sure, but I believe the DVD unit in the MDX is located under the right front (passenger's) seat - In the TL it was located in the trunk - After locating the DVD unit press the eject button and the version number is mentioned on the DVD in SMALL print.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
EXCELLENT INFORMATION!!......

mystMDX said:
2.05 DVD NAV UPDATE
I just confirmed that Canada will not be covered at all in this update.
I received this email with the updates from Alpine this afternoon.
Sorry for this long post.

DCA 1: California/Nevada

California:

Bakersfield
Hollister
King City
San Juan Bautista.................................etc. etc.
....and from what I've researched Alpine says that the ENTIRE UNITED STATES (every single city, town and jurisdiction will be covered to "street level detail) will be covered in the next version release due in October 2002

·
Registered
681 Posts
No need to open the DVD unit to look at the disk. Turn on Navi, push Menu button, thenlook for Information or System Information. It is on the screen.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Evidently, there are two data bases out there, one for Acura and one for Alpine. In the 2.05 that mystMDX listed, these were the points on the 2.03 Acura version that I have a print out from of 11/08/00 made up by NavTech. His DCA7 points at least were all on last fall's release in Mass. And shows no detail for Maine at this point while Honda includes over 500 towns on the 2.05 latest release. Acura is not coming out with an October version, this is it. I would assume the next Acura version will also include the whole country.

But if you live in the sticks up here in Maine it's a major improvement with the 2.05 version. To go from two streets listed in town to over 200.

Will the Acura database run on the Alpine and vice versa?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Detailed Coverage Areas version 2.05

The best way to get the complete coverage areas for each state is to go to

http://www.honda2001.com/models/odyssey/index.html?honda=intro

pull down the odyssey menu to Order Nav Sys DVD

a java script will bring you to: Detailed coverage areas (version 2.05)

once this Java script loads you will be able to click on any State to see the full coverage listed. The new changes from version 2.03 are highlighted in red.

The Acura site for Nav DVD hasn't been updated yet.

I believe the email I received from Alpine yesterday was inaccurate and I've deleted that message.

·
Registered
426 Posts
navi

I checked out the list and it seems that they have added quite a few areas, especially here in Ky. Unfortunatly, they do not have Lexington, but they have updated alot of area. One thing that I didn't understand is that is says that it is a list of cities now detailed, but most of the name on the list are not cities. Also, has anyone heard from Tim about selling these? I am sure that if can sell them and that they don't have to be ordered direct that we could have one heck of a group buy.:)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Re: navi

slash007 said:
I checked out the list and it seems that they have added quite a few areas, especially here in Ky. Unfortunatly, they do not have Lexington, but they have updated alot of area. One thing that I didn't understand is that is says that it is a list of cities now detailed, but most of the name on the list are not cities. Also, has anyone heard from Tim about selling these? I am sure that if can sell them and that they don't have to be ordered direct that we could have one heck of a group buy.:)
Hi. I have followed this website for a week or so. Very informative. I will get my 2002 in November. Just a quick question for now. Slash007, how did you manage to score 3 free options? Please let me know!!!!

1 - 20 of 83 Posts
About this Discussion
82 Replies
28 Participants
NewMexMDX
Acura MDX SUV Forums
Acura MDXers Forum - a community where enthusiasts discuss engines, tires, service and everything you need to know about the MDX!
Full Forum Listing