Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow MDX'ers. I recently bought out my lease on my 2012 MDX Tech with 35000 on the ODO. I just had to renew my XM subscription, which was going to be 250 bucks for a year. So I said no way, just cancel my service. At which point she said, sir, you have been loyal customer since 2005 I would like to keep you as a customer. I said last year I renewed for 99 bucks, but I would need more for this year to keep the service. So she put me on hold for a minute, literally a minute. when she returned her offer was 99 bucks including NAV TRAFFIC, now I haven't had traffic since my three month expired in Dec 2012. So I accepted the offer. The traffic is very spotty, I drive between Bridgeport CT and New Haven CT every day and this morning the traffic was displayed for only half my trip. Which is of course not where I needed it. I need it for the New Haven area. My question is, If I update to the newest maps update which is coming at the end of this month as a 2016 update will this update the traffic as well? Will the green and red lines show on the map? The traffic lines do show now but only for a mile or so going north out of Bridgeport. Any help or ideas are great appreciated. Thank you, and sorry for the lengthy question. :)

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
I have traffic on my MDX and it does come in handy every once in a while. It has even notify and re-routed me a few times when there were incidents other than yellow or red slow downs when driving using the Navi. I don't think XM traffic will notify and reroute you unless you are using the Navi. It just show traffic incidents on the screen or shows you a bullet list if you select Traffic Incidents in the Navi menu. Updating to a new map is so hit or miss (being more miss). I updated to the latest map in June/15 before heading cross country and there were a few times it got confused and didn't have newer hwy construction that been around for over a year or two.

I think the traffic info depends on the local reporting to send over XM for updates. I've been to Cali to Fl with my MDX in the last year and traffic info can be right on to 20-30 mins delayed. I know XM switches between ground antennas in larger cities and satellite in less populated areas. There might be a slight delay in the weather and traffic info in the less populated areas over satellites. Have you compared the traffic info on a smartphone to the MDX in the same area?

·
Registered
263 Posts
I live in Chicago and at 5pm nav will tell me to stay at home and not go anywhere because there is traffic everywhere. No shortcuts in Chicago so I dont even use that option

1 - 3 of 3 Posts