Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just took delivery of my wife's new car, a BMW with Nav. While it is CD based, and not nearly as userfriendly as the MDX nav, it does have one feature that I really like. After the nav has gotten me back to a familiar spot such as a highway, it has a "terminate guidance" button. I have found no such way in the MDX to turn off the nav once it has been started other than to stop the MDX and restart the car or to simply turn down the nav volume in which case it will still display directions.

Am I missing something or is there a way to shut it off?

BTW, for anyone considering the nav, I would say that I was hesitant to spend the money on it, and was really quite ambivalent about it. My wife really wanted it, so, of course it was ordered with the MDX. I will now say that I will never buy a car without one. Simply an awesome tool.:)

·
Registered
33 Posts
If I remember correctly, I think the only way I've found to stop the current route is to choose "plan a new trip", and then cancel out of the process.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
You may also try hitting the setup button, and selecting the display to off. I think you can do that also.

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
Uh, I think u can just press the Cancel button 2 or 3 times and she gets the message.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Pressing the Menu button twice will cancel the current trip. I think this is in the User's manual.

·
Super Moderator
4,592 Posts
ifeldman said:
Pressing the Menu button twice will cancel the current trip. I think this is in the User's manual.
Yup just went to the X and tried it and worked menu,menu.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts